FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 622 users online including...
Vernonken , BrendanPar , LloydBup , JamesWeife , Kimothy

7 members
615 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > WWRPG Special Forums > Hogsmeade > Woodcroft Games

Woodcroft Games Come celebrate the 1200 year anniversary of the founding of Hogsmeade Village by Hengist of Woodcroft! Experience what it was like in 914 as the Hogsmeade shopkeepers take one and all back in time and even try your hand at some of the 'Hogsmeade Highland Games'

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2024, 06:33 AM

Default Caber Toss

Just beyond the Summoner’s Court game and set back from the picnic area is a large grassy area with several 17-foot long wooden poles of equally large size for the Caber Toss. Your host, Summer Longshadow, greets you with a welcoming wave, her flowey sleeves flapping. “Welcome, welcome!!! Step right up to the caber toss! Do you have what it takes for the caber toss? A game traditionally involving significant arm strength, today’s variation will only require some wandwork.” She gestured with her hands toward the poles, your cabers, laid in a row on the ground.

You have two options of spells to use. You may use the Aqua Eructo to blast the log, the caber, away from you as far as possible. Or you may use a combination of Wingardium Leviosa followed by Depulso. The object is to get the log to flip and land as far away from you as possible. Feel free to compete with a partner or just against yourself!

OOC:
You may play this with a friend or just compete against yourself for the best throw. You’re free to decide the outcomes for how far the log went (hopefully not injuring yourselves in the process), but feel free to adjust according to your character’s own skill level with the charms. The combination of Wingardium Leviosa / Depulso OR Aqua Eructo are acceptable to use depending on your character’s comfort level. Here’s a short video of the caber toss, muggle edition, for a visual representation.
Old 06-13-2024, 12:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Third Year

x12 x12
Default Ally & Keighley <3
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

Olivia was doing quite well when it came to ignoring the fact that Charlie was here at the event as well. In fact, she couldn’t help but continue mentally patting herself on the back. She was in a good mood because the familiar air that was Hogsmeade’s had always lifted her spirit. Today was no different as she modeled through the streets with her girlfriend at her side.

“What do you want to do, Keigh?” There were so many activities! “I’m not hungry right now so maybe we can do a game? Hmmm…” The Chudley Canons’ Beater took a look around before pointing at the Caber Toss. “How about that? We can have a little friendly competition.” Though Liv did wish that their arms and its muscles could have been used instead of magic.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
FearlessLeader19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2024, 04:55 PM   #3 (permalink)

Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
Third Year
x12
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
Olivia was doing quite well when it came to ignoring the fact that Charlie was here at the event as well. In fact, she couldn’t help but continue mentally patting herself on the back. She was in a good mood because the familiar air that was Hogsmeade’s had always lifted her spirit. Today was no different as she modeled through the streets with her girlfriend at her side.

“What do you want to do, Keigh?” There were so many activities! “I’m not hungry right now so maybe we can do a game? Hmmm…” The Chudley Canons’ Beater took a look around before pointing at the Caber Toss. “How about that? We can have a little friendly competition.” Though Liv did wish that their arms and its muscles could have been used instead of magic.
Keighley was so proud of how spectacular the girlfriend was doing today. However she wasn't going to bring it up and dwell upon the subject right here and now. That could been done at a later time when no one else was around. But, was it safe for the blonde to take this as a good sign that perhaps Liv was slowly coming around to things? Either way, right now was all about the two of them.

"I'm up for a good friendly game in which I best you," Keigh teases, smiling innocently as she led Liv towards Caber Toss. "Since you chose the game, why don't you go first?" She really just wanted to get a better idea of how much 'effort' she would need to put into this to win. That was the point here, yes? Some fun competition between the two of them?

You are Bread!
Kolyander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2024, 11:57 PM   #4 (permalink)

Graphorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Apollonia Fergersnout
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurora Ackerly
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

x12 x6
Default Brig & the surprise Amstern.
HeadGirlMC | Treddie & Trixiver <3 | Copy Girl | Katie's Ickle Minion | I love YOU more

As Ruby matured through her years, her sociability had improved too. Or rather her confidence to make an appearance at an event that she wasn’t working at. She took after her father in that way, to the onlooker she might have looked calm and serene but really she would rather be back home on her own snuggled up with a decent book and a warm cup of brew. With that being said, she was never really out of the work frame of mind and one eye was always on the lookout for any mishaps or accidents that she could help to treat being a Mediwitch.

She’d taken inspiration from the founder of her former Hogwarts house for her costume, dressed in a deep blue with floaty sleeves and a beautiful silver belt. She wouldn’t usually dress up so frivolously but when else would the occasion arise? She WAS feeling a little self-conscious about going through too much effort when she saw the lowkey decisions of her parents as she drifted by the picnic area earlier. They looked incredible as always but her mother had settled down her look to match the comfortability of her father. They were true love at its finest.

She’d realised that her fashion choice was not the most practical when it came to some of the activities on offer. For starters, barrel rolling down a hill sounded amusing but she was sure that the rest of Hogsmeade would not want to see her underwear exposed as she herself tumbled to the hill’s conclusion. The caber toss, whilst lacking in upper body strength for the muggle variation, she was confident enough in her magical abilities to accomplish a decent effort.

She approached the activity to await her turn. She’d just appreciate a little company whilst partaking, some moral support if you will. Or alternatively some friendly competition.
Old 06-15-2024, 07:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

St Mungos Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

Clabbert

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ezra Hensley
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Florence Schultz
Slytherin
Third Year

x7 x1
Baguette | there is no D in my name | TRAITORclaw | Queenie of Narnia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottiepot View Post
As Ruby matured through her years, her sociability had improved too. Or rather her confidence to make an appearance at an event that she wasn’t working at. She took after her father in that way, to the onlooker she might have looked calm and serene but really she would rather be back home on her own snuggled up with a decent book and a warm cup of brew. With that being said, she was never really out of the work frame of mind and one eye was always on the lookout for any mishaps or accidents that she could help to treat being a Mediwitch.

She’d taken inspiration from the founder of her former Hogwarts house for her costume, dressed in a deep blue with floaty sleeves and a beautiful silver belt. She wouldn’t usually dress up so frivolously but when else would the occasion arise? She WAS feeling a little self-conscious about going through too much effort when she saw the lowkey decisions of her parents as she drifted by the picnic area earlier. They looked incredible as always but her mother had settled down her look to match the comfortability of her father. They were true love at its finest.

She’d realised that her fashion choice was not the most practical when it came to some of the activities on offer. For starters, barrel rolling down a hill sounded amusing but she was sure that the rest of Hogsmeade would not want to see her underwear exposed as she herself tumbled to the hill’s conclusion. The caber toss, whilst lacking in upper body strength for the muggle variation, she was confident enough in her magical abilities to accomplish a decent effort.

She approached the activity to await her turn. She’d just appreciate a little company whilst partaking, some moral support if you will. Or alternatively some friendly competition.
Regina, perhaps surprisingly, had actually been looking forward to this event ever since she had heard about it. Once, she would have done anything to avoid large gatherings like these. And though it wasn't something she would want to do all the time, it didn't terrify her like it once did, and that felt like a win. She had even voluntarily dressed up in a costume for the occasion, even if it might've been less elaborate than other outfits she had seen around.

Her mum and other family members were wandering about somewhere, and she was hoping Scott would have a chance to stop by during one of the days, but for now, she was on her own, checking out the different stalls and games as she followed the map, trying to get the lay of the land.

It was as she paused by the caber toss area that she spotted another familiar face in line. "Ruby!" She said, walking over to her friend with a smile. "Hey! How are you?"

together we are dangerous; together with our differences; together we are bolder, braver, stronger
AlwaysSnapesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2024, 10:22 PM   #6 (permalink)

Graphorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Apollonia Fergersnout
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurora Ackerly
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

x12 x6
HeadGirlMC | Treddie & Trixiver <3 | Copy Girl | Katie's Ickle Minion | I love YOU more

Text Cut: Regina
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSnapesGirl View Post
Regina, perhaps surprisingly, had actually been looking forward to this event ever since she had heard about it. Once, she would have done anything to avoid large gatherings like these. And though it wasn't something she would want to do all the time, it didn't terrify her like it once did, and that felt like a win. She had even voluntarily dressed up in a costume for the occasion, even if it might've been less elaborate than other outfits she had seen around.

Her mum and other family members were wandering about somewhere, and she was hoping Scott would have a chance to stop by during one of the days, but for now, she was on her own, checking out the different stalls and games as she followed the map, trying to get the lay of the land.

It was as she paused by the caber toss area that she spotted another familiar face in line. "Ruby!" She said, walking over to her friend with a smile. "Hey! How are you?"

Ruby couldn’t have agreed more with Regina’s sentiment. Social gatherings, on the large scale certainly, had once been her idea of intimidation and she would’ve tried to keep out of the main bubble as much as she could. A combination of a growing confidence alongside a career that practically forced her to work under pressure in busy environments had led her to somewhat relax in crowds now. Besides, a magical medieval themed Highland Games in one of her favourite comfort places sounded like an enjoyable way to spend a free afternoon.

Granted she was feeling a little overdressed and started to regret not choosing a simple peasant dress rather than her ode to Rowena. A pair of trousers wouldn’t go amiss with some of these more physical activities either.

She was about to step forward as next in line when a familiar voice called over her shoulder. With a graceful swish of her skirt she turned around, a smile befalling her face leaving her resembling her mother for once. “Regina” she replied, placing her hands on the woman’s shoulder and kissing the air by her cheek. “I’m so glad to see a familiar face. I was beginning to become concerned that I’d only know my parents.” She nodded over in the general direction of the picnic area where she’d last seen the couple. “I’m perfectly well thank you. I thought I’d visit on my afternoon off from work.” Which were few and far between some weeks, not that the former Ravenclaw minded throwing herself into her career.
Old 06-17-2024, 09:28 PM   #7 (permalink)

St Mungos Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

Clabbert

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ezra Hensley
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Florence Schultz
Slytherin
Third Year

x7 x1

Quote:

Ruby couldn’t have agreed more with Regina’s sentiment. Social gatherings, on the large scale certainly, had once been her idea of intimidation and she would’ve tried to keep out of the main bubble as much as she could. A combination of a growing confidence alongside a career that practically forced her to work under pressure in busy environments had led her to somewhat relax in crowds now. Besides, a magical medieval themed Highland Games in one of her favourite comfort places sounded like an enjoyable way to spend a free afternoon.

Granted she was feeling a little overdressed and started to regret not choosing a simple peasant dress rather than her ode to Rowena. A pair of trousers wouldn’t go amiss with some of these more physical activities either.

She was about to step forward as next in line when a familiar voice called over her shoulder. With a graceful swish of her skirt she turned around, a smile befalling her face leaving her resembling her mother for once. “Regina” she replied, placing her hands on the woman’s shoulder and kissing the air by her cheek. “I’m so glad to see a familiar face. I was beginning to become concerned that I’d only know my parents.” She nodded over in the general direction of the picnic area where she’d last seen the couple. “I’m perfectly well thank you. I thought I’d visit on my afternoon off from work.” Which were few and far between some weeks, not that the former Ravenclaw minded throwing herself into her career.
Merlin, she wished she was as graceful as Ruby looked in her dress. She had a lovely costume, in Regina's opinion. Everyone did, really. Or, well, most people did, since she had noticed a few here and there who appeared to be in regular clothes rather than a costume, but that was okay. There didn't seem to be any rules about it, even if it did add to the fun to be a part of the theme and see others participating too.

She returned the air kiss with a smile. "Same here." Well, other family members of hers were present too besides just her mum, but the sentiment was the same. It was nice to find someone she wasn't related to, and who had been a friend for a long time. "I'm glad you had the afternoon off then. It'd be a shame if you had to miss out on this." Work was important, especially the work Ruby did, but she deserved to have time for something fun too.

Like this game here. Caber toss? "Have you tried this game before?" she asked with a glance in that direction.

together we are dangerous; together with our differences; together we are bolder, braver, stronger
Old 06-18-2024, 06:48 PM   #8 (permalink)

Graphorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Apollonia Fergersnout
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurora Ackerly
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

x12 x6

She had her mother to thank for her gracefulness, although thinking about it her father was pretty graceful too. It was probably the long limbs, the height and the calmness, the image of a swan who looked collected externally but who for many years, especially in her youth, was battling anxiety and feelings of self-doubt. The dress might have screamed regality but the thirty-seven year old couldn’t shake the feeling of being a little overdressed in comparison to the general population.

She enjoyed history thoroughly at school, she’d enjoyed education in general. The ability to throw herself into learning and homework and blend into the background relatively unnoticed had been her thing. It was the type of historic event she wouldn’t want to miss for the world even if it meant stepping out of her comfort zone. “Is Auntie Vashti here then?” she asked, her eyes lighting up a little at the thought of seeing the woman again. It was probably a stupid question considering the subject she taught. “It’s not my usual scene but it certainly looked fun on the flyers regardless. That and I thought my skills might be required at some point” she laughed lyrically, glancing over towards the participants hurtling their way down the hill.

She was familiar with the concept of the Caber Toss in its traditional form but it was not something she had ever participated in. Her home county of Cornwall was more into their association with the water and the Falmouth Falcons of course. “Not at all. The closest I’ve ever got to participating in a sport is riding one of Mum’s horses” Oh and she used to fly when she was younger but hadn’t straddled a broomstick in probably a decade.
Old 06-19-2024, 02:07 AM   #9 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Third Year

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

SPOILER!!: Lil Puff! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Keighley was so proud of how spectacular the girlfriend was doing today. However she wasn't going to bring it up and dwell upon the subject right here and now. That could been done at a later time when no one else was around. But, was it safe for the blonde to take this as a good sign that perhaps Liv was slowly coming around to things? Either way, right now was all about the two of them.

"I'm up for a good friendly game in which I best you," Keigh teases, smiling innocently as she led Liv towards Caber Toss. "Since you chose the game, why don't you go first?" She really just wanted to get a better idea of how much 'effort' she would need to put into this to win. That was the point here, yes? Some fun competition between the two of them?

Maybe.

Just maybe Olivia was coming to terms with things. It didn’t mean the topic of her fellow Quidditch player wasn’t a sore one for her. And that there were times when she took her hatred out on him when they were involved in a match together. But one thing was for sure: Liv was not as bitter as she first was when the relationships had started. This was indeed a huge moment for her.

Ooh, her little Hufflepuff was being mouthy! Liv loved it! It made her grin broadly. “Oh yeah? You sure about that?” It was important to engage in friendly banter when in a relationship, or so she had decided after she began dating this incredibly stunning young woman. Might Liv add that the dress flattered Keigh even further? “Okay, I can do that. But first I need to strategise.” Liv made her way to the game, following Keigh’s lead. “I think I might gather more momentum if the combination of the two spells are used… hmm.” She tapped her chin thoughtfully, eyeing the girlfriend. “How about we each take one of the spell options and see if one works better than the other or if they’re both just as good?”

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
FearlessLeader19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2024, 03:23 AM   #10 (permalink)

St Mungos Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

Clabbert

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ezra Hensley
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Florence Schultz
Slytherin
Third Year

x7 x1

Quote:
She had her mother to thank for her gracefulness, although thinking about it her father was pretty graceful too. It was probably the long limbs, the height and the calmness, the image of a swan who looked collected externally but who for many years, especially in her youth, was battling anxiety and feelings of self-doubt. The dress might have screamed regality but the thirty-seven year old couldn’t shake the feeling of being a little overdressed in comparison to the general population.

She enjoyed history thoroughly at school, she’d enjoyed education in general. The ability to throw herself into learning and homework and blend into the background relatively unnoticed had been her thing. It was the type of historic event she wouldn’t want to miss for the world even if it meant stepping out of her comfort zone. “Is Auntie Vashti here then?” she asked, her eyes lighting up a little at the thought of seeing the woman again. It was probably a stupid question considering the subject she taught. “It’s not my usual scene but it certainly looked fun on the flyers regardless. That and I thought my skills might be required at some point” she laughed lyrically, glancing over towards the participants hurtling their way down the hill.

She was familiar with the concept of the Caber Toss in its traditional form but it was not something she had ever participated in. Her home county of Cornwall was more into their association with the water and the Falmouth Falcons of course. “Not at all. The closest I’ve ever got to participating in a sport is riding one of Mum’s horses” Oh and she used to fly when she was younger but hadn’t straddled a broomstick in probably a decade.
Ice skating was one of the only times Regina felt any semblance of grace or elegance. But that was only a hobby these days, as opposed to her more rigorous training when she was much younger, but that had stopped after...well, after the attack. All that aside, she was glad that she'd rekindled her interest in it since then, but she wished the elegant movements translated more to when her feet were on proper ground again. Sometimes she felt like she looked about as graceful as a newborn foal.

But then again, her opinion about herself was often much worse than reality, so hopefully she didn't actually seem quite as clumsy and awkward as she thought.

"Yes, she is," she answered with a nod. "Well, somewhere around here at least... I think she was going to meet up with Kimmie somewhere." She couldn't remember which event it was though. There were so many things going on, it was a little overwhelming. Good thing she had a map. "Oh, let's hope not. Though I'm sure you'd take care of them well if it came to that." It would be really unfortunate if someone got hurt or fell ill though. Fingers crossed everything went smoothly.

"I haven't either," she admitted. She had played Quidditch for one term at Hogwarts, but that was the extent of her sports experience. Oh, and that mud run/obstacle course thing Naia had dragged her too years ago...if that counted as a sport? Regina wasn't sure. Either way, she had zero experience at caber toss. But it looked...doable? "I guess we'll be evenly matched if you want us to play against each other?" She was willing to give it a try.

Old 06-20-2024, 09:22 PM   #11 (permalink)

Graphorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Apollonia Fergersnout
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurora Ackerly
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

x12 x6

Ruby was one of those individuals who had interest in a lot of things and yet wasn’t particularly proficient in any of them. She loved to ride horses but she wasn’t as good as her sister Holly, she adored the sea but couldn’t surf like Tabby could and she had achieved her E in Potions but wasn’t able to brew with her eyes closed like the twins could. She often found herself comparing her abilities to her incredible family, desperately proud of their achievements but too shy to speak of her own. All of this was to say that she likely too would’ve looked like Bambi on ice should she don a pair of skates and that she understood Regina’s reluctance over praising herself.

“I’ll be sure to search them out later then” she smiled fondly. The Broadmoor and Amstern familial bonds were unbreakable, her mother had no siblings so Vashti had filled in the Aunt role so wonderfully when they were growing up. Even the twins were fond of the family, so much so that Kimmie was able to wind them up without consequences. “I bet she’s in her element with the historical tie in.” Ruby had regrettably dropped History of Magic in favour of the subjects she’d need for her career pathway but that hadn’t dampened her interest.

She too hoped that her skills would not be required but she was there to offer them nevertheless. “I am only slightly concerned about that hill over there” she laughed.

Well at least they’d be playing on an even playing field then. It also seemed to help that the event was more of a test of their magical skills then it was a show of physical strength. Ruby was quite sure she wouldn’t be able to pick up a traditional caber let alone throw it. “We can only give it a go.” She withdrew her wand and carefully used the severing charm to temporarily shorten her long sleeves, having not pre-thought over the practicality of her attire.
Old 06-22-2024, 12:09 AM   #12 (permalink)

St Mungos Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

Clabbert

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ezra Hensley
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Florence Schultz
Slytherin
Third Year

x7 x1

Quote:
Ruby was one of those individuals who had interest in a lot of things and yet wasn’t particularly proficient in any of them. She loved to ride horses but she wasn’t as good as her sister Holly, she adored the sea but couldn’t surf like Tabby could and she had achieved her E in Potions but wasn’t able to brew with her eyes closed like the twins could. She often found herself comparing her abilities to her incredible family, desperately proud of their achievements but too shy to speak of her own. All of this was to say that she likely too would’ve looked like Bambi on ice should she don a pair of skates and that she understood Regina’s reluctance over praising herself.

“I’ll be sure to search them out later then” she smiled fondly. The Broadmoor and Amstern familial bonds were unbreakable, her mother had no siblings so Vashti had filled in the Aunt role so wonderfully when they were growing up. Even the twins were fond of the family, so much so that Kimmie was able to wind them up without consequences. “I bet she’s in her element with the historical tie in.” Ruby had regrettably dropped History of Magic in favour of the subjects she’d need for her career pathway but that hadn’t dampened her interest.

She too hoped that her skills would not be required but she was there to offer them nevertheless. “I am only slightly concerned about that hill over there” she laughed.

Well at least they’d be playing on an even playing field then. It also seemed to help that the event was more of a test of their magical skills then it was a show of physical strength. Ruby was quite sure she wouldn’t be able to pick up a traditional caber let alone throw it. “We can only give it a go.” She withdrew her wand and carefully used the severing charm to temporarily shorten her long sleeves, having not pre-thought over the practicality of her attire.
"That'd be great! They would love that." Her mum especially. Her mum had stepsiblings, but they didn't visit often, except around holidays on occasion, so she knew her mum enjoyed getting to be more of an aunt to the kids of her friends, like Aunt Trixie, and she always loved getting to spend time with them. Regina chuckled at the mention of the history of the place. "Oh, yes, I think she might be more excited than any of the kids." This was exactly the sort of thing her mother loved.

Regina turned her eyes toward the hill Ruby was talking about. "Probably well-founded concern," she agreed with a chuckle. That hill did look like it could pose some trouble. But hopefully people would be careful enough not to trip over themselves or each other.

She, too, would have no ability to play if this game were about physical prowess or strength, so it was lucky that the organizers had chosen magical ways to participate. Otherwise, she would have been remaining on the sidelines to watch the much stronger people attempt it. Which, to be fair, might have also been interesting and impressive to watch. "Do you want to go first?" Since it seemed their turn was quickly coming up. She pulled out her wand as well, so that she was ready whenever her chance came.

Old 06-26-2024, 05:52 PM   #13 (permalink)

Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
Third Year
x12
Default The beautiful Raven! <3
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post

Maybe.

Just maybe Olivia was coming to terms with things. It didn’t mean the topic of her fellow Quidditch player wasn’t a sore one for her. And that there were times when she took her hatred out on him when they were involved in a match together. But one thing was for sure: Liv was not as bitter as she first was when the relationships had started. This was indeed a huge moment for her.

Ooh, her little Hufflepuff was being mouthy! Liv loved it! It made her grin broadly. “Oh yeah? You sure about that?” It was important to engage in friendly banter when in a relationship, or so she had decided after she began dating this incredibly stunning young woman. Might Liv add that the dress flattered Keigh even further? “Okay, I can do that. But first I need to strategise.” Liv made her way to the game, following Keigh’s lead. “I think I might gather more momentum if the combination of the two spells are used… hmm.” She tapped her chin thoughtfully, eyeing the girlfriend. “How about we each take one of the spell options and see if one works better than the other or if they’re both just as good?”
Keighley knew how big of a deal this was. How long it had taken Livvy to get as far as she had come already. Even agreeing to be in the same place as Charlie willingly wouldn't have happened a few years ago. As for what went down on the Quidditch pitch, this blonde knew all about that! And just for the record, no she didn't approve of it.

Mm, perhaps just a smidge. Small in size, like herself. "Not really but I'll give it my best shot!" Keigh laughed, smiling widely at the girlfriend. Ahem, excuse her? If this dress was flattering... what about the one Liv was wearing? They made a stunning pair the two of them this afternoon. Perhaps they should dress up more often, simply for the fun of it. "Strategies, hmm? Really aiming to go all out to beat me, aren't you?" The former Hufflepuff joked, turning her blue eyes onto the gorgeous lady at her side. "That sounds good to me. I don't mind which spell I give a try." This was really all about having a good time and making lasting memories together.

You are Bread!
Kolyander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:25 PM   #14 (permalink)

Graphorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Apollonia Fergersnout
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurora Ackerly
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

x12 x6

Text Cut: Regina
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSnapesGirl View Post
"That'd be great! They would love that." Her mum especially. Her mum had stepsiblings, but they didn't visit often, except around holidays on occasion, so she knew her mum enjoyed getting to be more of an aunt to the kids of her friends, like Aunt Trixie, and she always loved getting to spend time with them. Regina chuckled at the mention of the history of the place. "Oh, yes, I think she might be more excited than any of the kids." This was exactly the sort of thing her mother loved.

Regina turned her eyes toward the hill Ruby was talking about. "Probably well-founded concern," she agreed with a chuckle. That hill did look like it could pose some trouble. But hopefully people would be careful enough not to trip over themselves or each other.

She, too, would have no ability to play if this game were about physical prowess or strength, so it was lucky that the organizers had chosen magical ways to participate. Otherwise, she would have been remaining on the sidelines to watch the much stronger people attempt it. Which, to be fair, might have also been interesting and impressive to watch. "Do you want to go first?" Since it seemed their turn was quickly coming up. She pulled out her wand as well, so that she was ready whenever her chance came.

Her mum felt much the same way as Aunt Vashti did. Trixie was an only child, she of course had her husband’s sister who had 6 children - Ruby’s cousins, but she herself had longed for a sibling of her own throughout her childhood and so Vashti and her offspring had filled that gap. “I wish we were able to see each other more. It’s rather unfortunate that adulthood presents the need to work and therefore reduces our free time to socialise.” It made those occasions where both families were able to come together even more special however. “You must meet Tabitha’s babies!” She was hoping that both her sisters would make an appearance at some point but it didn’t seem likely. The twins wouldn’t be seen dead at such an event unless their mother had somehow appealed to their better nature. “Did she dress up? I imagine she took the theme even more seriously than me.” she laughed.

A decision that she was really starting to regret. The dress might have been beautiful but it was restricting, the sleeves were a hindrance and it was a little over-the-top for the usually quite mundane woman. She wasn’t fond of standing out from the crowd.

“I’m only a little concerned I’m going to embarrass myself” she chuckled, stepping forward to the line and withdrawing her wand from its holster. “Wingardium Leviosa” she swished and flicked before the caber began to levitate before her. “Depulso!” The caber flew through the air and settled a decent distance across the field.