sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1400 users online including...
Georgenon , sweetpinkpixie , Methrenhow , LindaBlulp

5 members
1395 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster Wilber Winterbottom's Reign > Term 67: May - August 2024 > Woodcroft Games

Woodcroft Games Come celebrate the 1200 year anniversary of the founding of Hogsmeade Village by Hengist of Woodcroft! Experience what it was like in 914 as the Hogsmeade shopkeepers take one and all back in time and even try your hand at some of the 'Hogsmeade Highland Games'

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 05-26-2024, 06:33 AM

Default Picnic Area

Tired from playing all the exciting games and desire a place for a break? Need a comfy spot in which to feed your stomach with all the yummy treats the stalls have to offer? Look no further than the picnic area. A sea of colorful blankets awaits you on one side should you brave sitting on the ground. The other hosts plenty of tables if you prefer to not sit on the ground or risk the wildlife getting into your food. No matter what you chose, you’ll have a nice view of the stage set up for festivities. Be sure to sit for a spell long enough to hear the Hogwarts’ Frog Choir perform amongst some of the local talent offering their musical offerings for all to enjoy.

Off beneath a majestic oak tree that graces the left-hand outskirts of the picnic area you will find a statue made of gold and stone. On closer inspection it is a beautiful replica of the infamous Hufflepuff Cup sitting in wait attached upon a granite pillar commemorating Hengist of Woodcroft's house. Grasp the fine-wrought handles and wait - should your spirits prove generous and adventurous in nature, like the Hogsmeade founder himself, it will magically fill with liquid and upon release of the handles offer the lucky soul a voucher for a free beverage of their choosing from the Three Broomsticks which can be redeemed at present or at your next visit to Hogsmeade. Should the cup, however, remain empty then perhaps you ought go give one of the festivals games a whirl and try again after...
Old 06-29-2024, 07:26 AM   #26 (permalink)

Hinkypunk

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rowan Fairfax
Slytherin
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ezra Greenwood
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year
x2
Yeahhh, Mr White! Yeah science!

SPOILER!!: Trixiebos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottiepot View Post
The relaxed atmosphere compared to her parent’s frivolities was likely due to the formality of any event that the couple held. Poor Freddie had to buy a whole wardrobe of three piece suits just to keep up with the occasions. Now that her parents were far older, the parties had lessened and life was much quieter for the family. “Well aren’t you glad you did then?” Her smile was somewhat playful in its nature. “Imagine a life without your wife. There would have been no one to bail you out from all the recklessness you’d have gotten yourself into.” And she might have still been that self-centered, slightly stuck up little girl she once was.

That statement might have rang true decades ago but she had found that as the years had progressed, the magical community’s fashion choices had improved too. Sure there were the odd few who had evidently never seen a muggle magazine or watched a programme set within that decade but generally it was getting better. “Even my grandparents didn’t dress like they belong in King Arthur’s Court” she laughed. “But I understand what you mean, there are a few eccentric fellows who’d stand out like a sore thumb walking down Oxford Street.” Maybe if she hadn't married Fred, she herself would have been far more insular too. She’d have probably never been to Oxford Street for a start, or visited some of the beautiful resorts they’d holidayed to, or captured every milestone her five children had made on a beautiful old muggle camera and made into a scrapbook.

Freddie always knew what to say to make a woman feel better about themselves. It wasn’t even like Trixie was the type to self-pity or wallow in the dreaded inevitability that was aging but if she did, she was sure that he would boost her ego with all his might. His words were always so sincere too, like they came from his heart and not read off of a script. “You must look in a mirror, my love. The years have worked more in your favour than you’d think possible.” Freddie had always been model like, high cheekbones and long limbs and beautiful pale eyes but maturity had graced his features to turn him even more handsomely than before. “I’m trying to think of another analogy but maturing like a cheese doesn’t quite have the same ring to it” she chuckled. Trixie wasn’t quite such an accomplished smooth talker. She accepted her husband’s hand and gracefully sat on the blanket, stretching her legs out before her.

The former Head Girl’s intentions for visiting the festival weren’t primarily so that she could partake in any of the games. As a much younger woman, especially in school and against a certain Slytherin Captain, she would’ve been first in line. She’d always been competitive, in quidditch, at horse riding, even in her first job she had risen through the ranks in quick succession but that streak had calmed perhaps as a result of motherhood. She’d feel guilty competing against a child or even a young adult and winning with her obvious advantage. “No, that's quite alright. I think I’d rather enjoy the entertainment. I also didn’t dress appropriately for frolicking down a hill or playing a game of tug’o’war.” She wiggled her toes from within their high-heeled boot prison as if to prove her point. “Did anything tickle your fancy though?” She wouldn’t be opposed to watching Freddie get his competitiveness on for once.
And said quiet life suited Freddie down to the ground. Although he had changed over the years, mellowed with age, he still didn't feel comfortable around the other side of the family. They had never thought Fred was right for Trixie, but, what he used to resent and rail against, he now understood, especially since he had had daughters of his own. The couple were polar opposites in terms of where they came from. He would have felt the same had he been privileged enough to have been born with legacy wealth and some poor kid came sniffing around one of his girls.

He complimented his wife's playful smile with a small, soft one of his own, scooting closer to her on the blanket “Mhm.” He thought for a moment. “Although.. I was on my best behaviour at Hogwarts, and after meeting you.” Facts. Had she seen all the valuable stuff just laying around in the castle ready for the taking? Not to mention some of the paintings. “There was only that one time you had to bail me out.” He replied, his smile turning wry. But what followed that incident would not be mentioned or even thought about today.

He looked around at all the be-costumed people, his gaze settling back on Trixie. “There can't be many true purebloods left. Most of the community must know what's going on outside the magical world.” And it was true that fashion tastes had changed. “Yet the kids still have to wear robes to school.” How how he despised those things back at Hogwarts.

It wasn't like Freddie gave out compliments freely, but when he did, you knew they were genuine. Trixie was ageing with pure grace. He shook his head at her words, he didn't take flattery as well as his better half, and only resulted in embarrassment for him. “I'm just glad I haven't turned into my da.” He mused. “But thank you. I guess.” Fred had certainly bulked up since his youth, the boxing he took up factoring into it as well as a better diet and all the long walks with the dogs. His nose crinkled. Cheese? Old cheese? “Best keep such analogies to yourself.” He said playfully.

The man was grateful that there had been no word from his extroverted (obnoxious and annoying) cousin that he would be in attendance today. Their relationship had been a rocky one over the years, but, again, it was something that had calmed down. It had to really, with Trixie still being best friends with him. Loud people, attention seekers, those who had to have a witty word for everything, grated on Freddie's nerves (present company excluded of course). It was selfish, but he was glad to have Trixie all to himself today. “Fair enough. But if you change your mind, our daughters did say they would be here today.” Because, let's face it, Freddie would not be getting up in front of anyone to make a fool of himself. Another shake of the head. “No. Definitely not.” Sorry to be such a boring introvert, Trixie, but no.
Old 07-02-2024, 09:26 PM   #27 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Reuben Albert Darcy-Stemp
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Billie Love Stemp
Gryffindor
Third Year
x3
Sarah thinks I'm cute | Shan's safe space.

SPOILER!!: Bronwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Admittedly, he did look kind of funny smiling like that, but it was also sweet. Really sweet. Bronwen was so sure that she hadn't ever made someone smile that hard before. She hadn't known herself capable. So the sight of Reuben's overly large smile made her own smile grow wider too. "Maybe it was some weird telepathy or something," she replied. If magic existed then surely telepathy did too.

And as far as two dates in one day? She smiled harder still. "If you're keen." Two dates in one day was a whole new record for her - though, to be fair, one date in one day had been the previous record holder and that had only been as of today anyway. Huge day for Bon and dating, it seemed. But yeah. If future dates were like this one, she wouldn't mind squeezing two or more into a single day.

"So I'm special?" she deduced with a bright smile. If he hadn't ever said that to anyone before then surely that's what it meant. In any case, he sure had her feeling special. Though, she also wasn't aware of just how many other girls he was dating and, if she were to know, maybe that'd have her feeling a little less special.

"If it was telepathy," Reuben said, his face becoming very serious. "Then I would say that's wicked cool." The seriousness of his expression was probably pretty funny given it had replaced a ridiculously wide grin, but he needed Bronwen to know that telepathy between them was a Big Deal, and not at all weird, like she'd said.

Had he believed in telepathy a moment ago? Well, in all honesty he'd never really thought about it, so he wasn't able to answer that.

It could never be said that the Hufflepuff played hard to get. "Super keen," he grinned. Maybe hard to keep, maybe hard to understand where his head was at, but he was definitely not one for playing games. Quite frankly, it took enough effort to just exist without the need for all of that. And he was keen on spending more time with Bronwen, so why pretend otherwise. "Two dates in one day. I'm glad you're the one I'm breaking a record with."

"Duh," he said, playfully, giving her hand a squeeze. "If I haven't made it obvious enough, then I'm failing on this date." Reuben meant it, too. Again, his focus was completely absorbed by Bronwen, and so the other girls that he did indeed think were special, too, we're kind of out of sight, out of mind. which was probably for the best, because catching sight of Everleigh right then might have confused the hell out of him. Even so, multiple people could be special in many different ways, and he was always going to appreciate that.

⇀ Standing now, calling all the people here to see the show_____________________________
Calling for my demons now to let me go ↽

Harron Peasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2024, 09:31 PM   #28 (permalink)

Alley Proprietor
Graphorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Apollonia Fergersnout
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurora Ackerly
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Diagon Alley Proprietor:
Tessa McKinley
Nesting Occamy Rentals

x12 x6
HeadGirlMC | Treddie & Trixiver <3 | Copy Girl | Katie's Ickle Minion | I love YOU more

Text Cut: Alfredo
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles View Post
And said quiet life suited Freddie down to the ground. Although he had changed over the years, mellowed with age, he still didn't feel comfortable around the other side of the family. They had never thought Fred was right for Trixie, but, what he used to resent and rail against, he now understood, especially since he had had daughters of his own. The couple were polar opposites in terms of where they came from. He would have felt the same had he been privileged enough to have been born with legacy wealth and some poor kid came sniffing around one of his girls.

He complimented his wife's playful smile with a small, soft one of his own, scooting closer to her on the blanket “Mhm.” He thought for a moment. “Although.. I was on my best behaviour at Hogwarts, and after meeting you.” Facts. Had she seen all the valuable stuff just laying around in the castle ready for the taking? Not to mention some of the paintings. “There was only that one time you had to bail me out.” He replied, his smile turning wry. But what followed that incident would not be mentioned or even thought about today.

He looked around at all the be-costumed people, his gaze settling back on Trixie. “There can't be many true purebloods left. Most of the community must know what's going on outside the magical world.” And it was true that fashion tastes had changed. “Yet the kids still have to wear robes to school.” How how he despised those things back at Hogwarts.

It wasn't like Freddie gave out compliments freely, but when he did, you knew they were genuine. Trixie was ageing with pure grace. He shook his head at her words, he didn't take flattery as well as his better half, and only resulted in embarrassment for him. “I'm just glad I haven't turned into my da.” He mused. “But thank you. I guess.” Fred had certainly bulked up since his youth, the boxing he took up factoring into it as well as a better diet and all the long walks with the dogs. His nose crinkled. Cheese? Old cheese? “Best keep such analogies to yourself.” He said playfully.

The man was grateful that there had been no word from his extroverted (obnoxious and annoying) cousin that he would be in attendance today. Their relationship had been a rocky one over the years, but, again, it was something that had calmed down. It had to really, with Trixie still being best friends with him. Loud people, attention seekers, those who had to have a witty word for everything, grated on Freddie's nerves (present company excluded of course). It was selfish, but he was glad to have Trixie all to himself today. “Fair enough. But if you change your mind, our daughters did say they would be here today.” Because, let's face it, Freddie would not be getting up in front of anyone to make a fool of himself. Another shake of the head. “No. Definitely not.” Sorry to be such a boring introvert, Trixie, but no.

Thankfully, for Freddie and for the longevity of their relationship, Trixie was a little stubborn when it came to her opinions and being adamant that Freddie was ‘the one’ had been one of those things that she had insisted on to her family whether they agreed or not. Her parents had grown rather fond of the man, her grandparents were sadly no longer around to give their opinion and she had no siblings anyway so there was no one else that mattered enough for her to entertain the time to listen to. Besides, without her husband she wouldn’t have been blessed with five incredible children (and subsequently grandchildren although she hoped there would be plenty more of those to come).

Were you?” She smirked back playfully. “Because I seem to remember you being a terrible influence on me.” It was a joke, of course. It wasn’t Alfred whose questionable Beater skills had resulted in an unintentional hospital wing trip, completely by accident obviously and not because a little name teasing had riled her up. Those valuables were likely to have been protected from sticky fingers by charms anyway. She’d have enjoyed watching him attempt to persuade of his innocence after igniting a caterwauling charm though. “Yes, well.. I’d rather not have to relive that particular occasion.” she squeezed his hand.

Trixie herself might have been one of ‘those’ witches had she not married a Muggleborn. It wasn’t that she thought differently of them, or that she was judgemental of their upbringing but rather that her family and their community would never have crossed. With that being said, she liked to think of herself being fashionable enough to not have made basic mistakes with her attire but who was to say otherwise? “Maybe not but surely there must be some very insular communities who even in this day and age don’t get that exposure?” They might have been a rarity but it wasn’t impossible. As for the insistence for wearing robes, Trixie hadn’t overly minded but her preference would always be for the Beauxbatons uniform she got to wear for the first four years of her education. “It’s no different than the uniforms children wear at muggle school, is it?” Perhaps they were more formal but still..

“You could never” she protested. Trixie’s ancestral morals might have been questionable but Freddie’s family wasn’t exactly innocent either. Her father-in-law had not been her favourite person, she was civil and polite when in his company but he was intimidating and persuasive and his intentions for dragging her husband down a path that neither of them wanted him to go didn’t not sit well with her. “You’re a family man to begin with and appearance wise, you’re genetically your mothers side.” Those Russian influences shone strongly through his features whereas his siblings straddled the middle ground with their own looks. “Cheese is delicious, my darling. A little smelly maybe but it definitely gets better with age.” Perhaps more of a vintage cheddar than a veiny Stilton.

Did that mean that Alfred was implying that she was loud and obnoxious and attention seeking? Quite frankly that was insulting! She thought herself quite demure and vocally controlled and she didn’t SEEK attention, just enjoyed the sociability of being in others company. Despite how happy she was to be enjoying a long awaited date night with her husband, Trixie would like it to be known that she WOULD have relished the company of her best friend had he decided to make an appearance no matter what Freddie thought of his own family member. “Ruby mentioned that she might make an appearance, I did not realise that Tabitha nor Holly would be too.” It didn’t seem like either of their scenes for perhaps the opposite reasons. “We knew for certain that the twins wouldn’t come.” Which was a dreadful shame considering that Rowan would be around somewhere and she was always looking for an opportunity to encourage Daniel to bond with his daughter.
Old 07-10-2024, 02:22 AM   #29 (permalink)

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Seventh Year

Ministry Department Head:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry Department Head:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Proprietor:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Text Cut: the purest of golden retrievers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charely Potter View Post

Although the gentle jab was cut short, Freddie did hear enough to chuckle while dragging his roommate along for the ride. Where he stopped, nobody knew. But they could easily predict where he would stop. As he focused more on the shiniest over the facts, "Hmm, you always have a keen eye for these things. I like that." He grinned at Atlas. The magical gleam could be seen for a moment at the next question.

"You think it'll let me?" Freddie asked. "I feel like it'll give me a nice zap. But maybe you want to see me swept off my feet for once?" His teeth fully showing. "I'll do it." Reaching his hand out to pick up the cup. He wasn't sure what the slight tingly sensation that followed was from. His excitement? The spell of the replica working its magic? Him being nervous? Or it was just an illusion. But what wasn't an illusion was the sight of liquid filling as soon as he grasped the cup.

Gasp.

Before he could feel any bad reaction, the liquid disappeared with his fingers off the handle. The cup remained in place, but now it was a voucher inside. "Cool... a free drink." He read it. "So, what do you want? My treat."

Atlas certainly never tired of hearing about how skilled he was at the things he was proficient in, especially when it came from a particular handful of voices - Freddie, obviously, being among those. He was quite convoluted in such things as well, resenting those who thought themselves cunning and thus were merely sweet talking him to achieve their own means (or those he perceived to be of such intent), so there was always the possibility of compliments creating a chip on his shoulder instead of a reluctant purr from the Gryffindor. But, again, there were a finite few exceptions so this outcome. In any case, Atlas was grinning just a bit at his mate's words and seemed to stand just a bit taller than his usual 5'10" stature. "Yeah, well, I've always been observant and tinkering combined with alchemy studies just amplified my natural abilities." He could have made for a great alchemist too...if potions did not bore him so much. Metal charming was far more interesting and he could lean on his other assets when the project required it.

Also, he liked that Freddie liked this about him - which went without saying, yeah?

Atlas snorted so loudly that he really ought to have been mortified by the sound, but it was a continuation of a rare moment of serenity in which he did not care just how he may be perceived by others. "You're joking, right? of course the ruddy thing is going to let you." It really wasn't even a question, which is why Freddie would be the one to pick it up for a potential voucher. This blonde Gryffindor, on the other hand, would abstain...perhaps a little more concerned with others perception than the moment would indicate. Cheeks a bright shade of pink once again, Atlas sidestepped from the goblet as if his proximity would have any influence on Freddie's success and rolled his eyes (delighted, as his smile and chuckle would indicate) when Freddie received a voucher for his touch. He would callout the gobstones star on his pseudo modesty...if there were any coursing through his veins. "See, it is literally impossible for anyone or anything to not like you." Shaking his head, Atlas ventured closer to his companion and peered over his shoulder to check the voucher and swallowed a bit thickly. "Let's...get something with a little more kick than a butterbetter," he suggested, stepping just a little bit closer so he could reloop his pinky around Freddie's. "...more coin for your niffler that way."

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
sweetpinkpixie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2024, 03:27 AM   #30 (permalink)

St Mungos Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

Clabbert

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ezra Hensley
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Florence Schultz
Slytherin
Fourth Year

x7 x1
Baguette | there is no D in my name | TRAITORclaw | Queenie of Narnia

Text Cut: Everleigh <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakemetotheBurrow View Post

"Not sure I'm a games person. Well, at least not these types of games." She paused for a moment and then added. "Though, I suppose I could be convinced to join you. I pick up on things quickly and I've been known to be a good partner from time to time." Because as much of an independent woman as she was, not having to wander around by her lonesome all afternoon was looking kind of nice. She offered Ez a smile in response to his question, nodding eagerly. "Well, yeah. You've seen yourself in the mirror. Come on, you're plenty athletic." She appreciated that about him, did he know?

What she didn't appreciate was the way her heart seemed to plummet into her stomach when she'd been oh so casually glancing around, taking in the sights with a content smile on her face, and spotted the two familiar faces dancing off in the distance. It wasn't even like she cared or anything. Like, whatever, maybe they were on a date. It was fine. People dated all the time. She dated. A lot. Yeah, it was fine.

...It didn't really feel fine, though.

Everleigh scooted a bit so her back was to the unpleasant scene (which was actually adorable, which made the whole thing worse) and blurted out, "So you should take me on a date sometime." ...Because yeah, that was obviously the best way to make her feel better.

"That's the spirit! You never know until you try, you know? You might like them." Even if she seemed a little reluctant at first, he was glad she was coming around to the idea. Ezra wouldn't force her into playing any of them if she really didn't want to, of course, but he was certain she'd be good at them if she did give it a go. She had always struck him as plenty capable and fun to be around. Plus, it would be a lot more fun to play the games with a friend.

"Yeah, but hearing someone else say it is a little different than looking at yourself in the mirror." A lot different actually. "So thanks," he added with another grin. Compliments like that were always nice.

Ezra selected another couple chips as he glanced around. If he had a longer time to look at his surroundings, he might have caught a glimpse of the same scene she had spotted, and then he might have experienced a similar heart-sinking feeling as well. But her next words captured his attention, instantly freezing him in place, the hand with the chips halfway to his mouth.

Date? She wanted to go on a date? With him? Him, Ezra Hensley?

He'd never been on a date before, neither asked nor having been asked. Not that he hadn't thought about it before either though. Because he had. But his thoughts on those matters were so...so confusing, and besides the person he'd thought about maybe asking was-

Wait, did this mean...did Everleigh...like....????

A multitude of questions raced through his mind in milliseconds. Words tumbled out of his mouth before he even processed them. "Oh, yeah, I could- I- Er...you wanna go on a date?"

together we are dangerous; together with our differences; together we are bolder, braver, stronger
AlwaysSnapesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote