View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 07:52 AM

Post Robbie Coltrane talks end of Harry Potter films & costars

While he promoted his upcoming made-for-television film Murderland (airing on STV, 9pm, October 19), actor Robbie Coltrane spoke about how the end of the Harry Potter series might affect not only him in a negative way, but his young co-stars, as well.

Quote:
"I regret the ending of Harry Potter for the obvious reasons of saying goodbye to a bunch of people with whom I've become very friendly over the years, but also because I will be giving up a regular income.You don't get too much of that in the world of acting."
As for the acting futures of his co-stars, including Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, and Emma Watson, Robbie said:

Quote:
"For them the conclusion of the films will be like leaving school, saying goodbye to friends and going out into the big, wide world.

"It's a huge step and it wouldn't be surprising if some of them, at least, felt nervous about making it."
Robbie will be featured as Hagrid in the final installments of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, to be released November 19, 2010 and July 15, 2011.