View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 04:52 PM

Post Rupert Grint talks Harry Potter series, Ron's development & more

As we reported earlier this week, Rupert Grint was interviewed by Wizard Universe (the third installment of their set of interviews: the first two, with Dan Radcliffe and Emma Watson, can be read here and here). In it, Rupert discusses how much Ron has developed throughout the Harry Potter film series, Ron's love life in Half-Blood Prince and reminiscences about the end of the series.

Quote:
How would you say that Ron has evolved over the course of these films? And how would you say you yourself have you changed as an actor?
GRINT:
It just sort of happens. The first three films really do feel like a different person. I think Ron is more grown up throughout the films. The next one we see him grow up a lot more because the wizard world is becoming quite a scary place. And we see him protect his sister, and we see brotherly stuff that he does in the sixth one.
Quote:
Ron receives quite a bit of attention from girls in this film. I know you've mentioned in the past that shooting some of the more romantic scenes can get a bit uncomfortable. What's it like to watch those on the big screen?
GRINT:
It's worse actually. This one was actually okay because my relationship with Jessie [Cave, who plays Ron's love interest] was quite fun and she was really over the top and quite intense. But it was an awkward scene to do because we'd only met each other two days before. One of the first scenes we did was the kissing one.
Quote:
In the future when you look back on the making of this film, what are some funny or strange moments that you'll remember about the making of it?
GRINT:
Getting my bum cast. They were making a chair for the broomstick to make it more comfortable and have my shape. I was wearing these skinny trousers and I had to sit on this chair and they managed the exact shape of my bum. They turned it into a really comfortable chair.

Also The Weasley house when we burned that down. That was an exciting part. We were standing quite close to it, a burning building, and it was quite scary and I think it got a bit out of control. That was a lot of fun.