View Single Post
Old 09-14-2008, 05:50 AM

Post Katie Leung talks Harry Potter, Poirot & more in new interview

Katie Leung (Cho Chang) was interviewed recently by You magazine as part of a series of young new actresses to watch, where she spoke about her experience on the Harry Potter set, her work on the series Poirot (her featured episode will air September 21st on ITV1 at 9pm BST), meeting J.K. Rowling and other professional interests outside of acting:

Quote:
IF I WASN’T AN ACTRESS I’D BE… a photographer. I’m doing a course at the University of the Arts, London. But it’s an absolute skive – you don’t actually have to be there very much. Acting can be precarious so I want to have a back-up. I genuinely have no clue what I’ll be up to in a few years’ time.

I WAS COMPLETELY STARSTRUCK WHEN… I met J K Rowling for the first time at one of the Harry Potter premieres. They are brilliant occasions; people are shouting your name and you always get pampered and put up in a great hotel.

MY NEXT BIG PROJECT IS… finding a boyfriend. I don’t have one at the moment but I want one. Because of Harry Potter everyone seems to assume I’m 16, which I don’t think really works in my favour. Friends are always asking me why I haven’t met someone during filming, but being in Harry Potter is a bit like being at school. Everyone in the cast is always looking for something to gossip about, which can be fun, as long as it’s not about you.

I HAVE A BIG CRUSH ON… Joaquin Phoenix – he’s amazing. He would be a great leading man. Meeting David Suchet at the start of filming on Poirot was funny because I expected him to talk in a Belgian accent but, of course, he talks in cut-glass English. The way he can switch it on and off is truly incredible.
Two new photos of Katie from the September issue of the magazine can be seen in our galleries: