View Single Post
Old 08-10-2008, 04:51 PM   #46 (permalink)
EmmaRiddle

Slytherin
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Marcella Riddle
Graduated
Kaplinski Rival Sorting Hat Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godrica Gryffindor View Post
1st to post!!

Even though there weren't supposed to be any R.A.B flashbacks in HBP, if they had to do one, why are they going to make Regulus Black killed by Voldemort?
Well technically it was down to Voldemort, seeing as R.A.B. died where he hid a horcrux. So he was indirectly killed by Voldemort.

Quote:
I only thought they were going to have Regulus be seen in a photo or something in Slughorn's office?
That's what we thought, yeah.

Quote:
Perhaps "Killed by Voldemort" could infer not a direct killing, but indirect... as in if it wasn't for Voldemort wanting the locket to be put in the cave, Regulus wouldn't have been there to take it back and thus get killed?
Exactly; to try and explain it fully in a magazine article would take up too much space and give a bit of the game away.
Quote:
But Voldemort doesn't even show up in HBP, isn't that what they said?
He doesn't have to. The inferi killing him is ultimately down to Voldemort.

Quote:
I just feel that if they're going to add flashbacks, it should include the Gaunts, who got cut. To add something that we can just find out about later while cutting a huge part of Voldemort's past is annoying to me.
On the other hand, the Gaunts can be referenced, without seeing them, to the same effect as showing them. Only it takes less time.

Quote:
I wonder who's playing the part ?!
Tom Moorcroft, as we previously revealed. However, he did say he only filmed one scene for in Slughorn's office. But then he may not be permitted to reveal everything.

Quote:
Regulus gets killed trying to steal the Horcrux
Dumbledore sacrifices himself getting the Horcrux and dies before he can tell Harry how to destroy it (no probs he's got Hermoine) but Harry keeps it.
Then they'll be no need to go to the ministry in DH expressly for the neckless.
BTW Umbridge holds the Blood Status hearings in DH and it's another cursed neckless (not the horcrux) that Katie Bell handles.
I think you're onto something. I always wondered how, in terms of pacing, the Ministry sequences would work. They held the story up for a LONG time. I think you might be right.
EmmaRiddle is offline   Reply With Quote