View Single Post
Old 08-10-2008, 03:18 PM   #43 (permalink)
Steelsheen

DMT & DIMC
Antipodean Opaleye

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tenacius "Ace" Salander
Graduated

x12 x12
Ability is nothing without Opportunity | | Creativity is Intelligence having FUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patronus Charm View Post
Regulus is indirectly killed by a series of magical enchantments set up by Voldemort. Not by his direct hand, no, but by a setup to protect the horcrux. Regulus was selfless enough to retrieve the horcrux because he was horrified by what Voldy was planning...immortality. Whatever they do in the film is for the benefit of making a movie flow easily for a wide audience, not just a bunch of HP addicted fans. I dont like changes like this, I am a stickler for detail, but I do understand some of them. Besides that, the fact remains, they wil continue to make the movie as they see fit and w/ JK's blessing, whatever we say doesnt change a thing!!!!
ah right! thanks for refreshing my memory (it really sucks that my books arent with me )

ok so how about this: what if to cut down on the wild goose chase of having the wrong necklace after Dumbledore sacrificed himself, the film makers decided that Harry gets the real Horcrux instead of the fake one? and then with Regulus' scene they just show him attempting to take the Horcrux but Voldemort catches him then kills him off? Regulus would still come off as a hero in a way and will still prove that even Death Eaters can turn over a new leaf.

the only problem is of course i think they filmed a scene where Katie Bell touches the cursed necklace at Hogsmeade, which means the necklace is out and about and not in the cave. although this is canon, in film continuity this is difficult to explain because 1.) they never featured the necklace at Grimwauld Place in OOTP and 2.) they never showed Umbridge buying anything from Mundungus. heck did we even see what happened to Umbridge after OOTP?

Yeah thats what crazy is, when its broken you say theres nothing to fix++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++And you pray that everything will be okay, while you're making all the same mistakes
Steelsheen is offline   Reply With Quote