Ministry Department Head:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Proprietor:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

She had been told this before, yes. In fact, the moment her Sorting had been completed and she had plopped herself down at the Slytherin table. The source of the compliment coming from none other than the very individual that was the source of tension between herself and the Ravenclaw, in fact. Though Solomon had not said it outright, his eyes and posture had been more than enough to relay the message.

Sage's brow arched and irritation flared in her cheeks, turning them a slightly rosy hue, as she resisted the urge to roll her eyes at the tone Aurora was spitting. She couldn't help but think how childish this all felt and had thought that they were both content to ignore the erumpent in the room but apparently she may have been too generous in such assumptions. "And I was being polite by introducing myself," she pointed out coolly while turning her attention to her things on the table to arrange them a bit more or else risk glaring at the blonde. "Thought that would have been better than for me to not introduce myself and risk looking rude and presumptuous instead of professional."

No hexing in the library. Books deserved better than to become causalities.

As Aurora's defensive tone continued, it became increasingly difficult not to roll her eyes but she was also determined to get through this without throwing her own attitude and shade into the scene - if for no other reason than Solomon had assured her that his best friends were cool and great and right now Sage wasn't getting either. Grinning (not literally since she forced her face into a state of harsh stoicness) and bearing it all for now, Sage pulled her Potions texts and old study materials forward and nodded as Aurora explained.

And then she actually rolled her eyes and may have even groaned softly under her breath.

"Listen, I'm not great with the warm and fuzzy kind of encouragement nor am I the sort to default to it soooo this is going to be incredibly direct and blunt," she warned, and from what she had been told this girl and the curly haired one did that plenty enough so Sage was merely making up for the deficient. "If you are going to talk about yourself in such self-defeating ways, then it isn't going to matter how good a tutor I am or how much we go over the material. The fact that you have agreed to tutoring shows you are willing to put n the work to improve but that sort of talk is just someone focusing on the negatives and looking for a reason to make excuses," she said somewhat forcefully as she turned to look at Aurora with a stern look save for her eyes which were softer than her words reflected. "Calling yourself that word isn't going to help at all and struggles don't define your potential. Consider there a "taboo" spell on the word. We aren't using it here because you aren't that, capeesh?"

Sure, she didn't know this girl at all save for name, house, year, some other very surface level information, and that the Slytherin was still ticked about the train but much less so now, but the point still stood.

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
sweetpinkpixie is online now   Reply With Quote