Thread: Grounds: Quidditch Pitch
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2024, 10:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
PhoenixRising

Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Quidditch Tryouts: Term 68

Amelia made her way out to the quidditch pitch just before lunch that day to finish setting up. She had been involved in the Quidditch Tryouts process since she was just seventeen, recalling the difficulty of scheduling around the Belle and Cooper schools. Most recently in the last decade she'd been instrumental in selecting for the Under 17 England Team, so she was definitely familiar with the skills of some of Hogwarts Quidditch players. Although she was always eager for more talent, particularly of the hidden variety. She'd carefully crafted this weeks tryouts to hopefully discover some of those talents.

Whatever these three hours carved out for the next few days brought, Amelia had high hopes that it would bring out the best of the best.

"Welcome, welcome, for those who don't know, I'm Professor Adara and I'm the flying instructor here at Hogwarts. I also coach the England Under 17 team during the summer months. If you're not familiar with quidditch, there are three chasers, two beaters, one keeper, and one seeker for each of the house teams. There will also be three reserve players selected for each of the house teams. No matter your past flying experiences, I do want to ensure you that you each have equal chances to make the team" She gestured to the obstacle course set up behind her. "There are various stations here designed for you to showcase your speed and agility. Those chaser or keeper hopefuls should head to the goalposts and take turns tossing the quaffle into the goal posts, while a keeper defends them. Beaters should aim their bludgers at the targets set up on the other side. And seeker hopefuls? There's at least two snitches flying around. Catch them. You are more than welcome and encouraged to try as many of these stations as you'd like, including completing the obstacle course." The stations were set up to accommodate at least two people, so rotating was a must. Mounting her broom, Amelia kicked off into the air, hovering just right enough to be able to get a good view of all the stations. "I'd like to encourage you to move through the various stations, as we have three afternoons together, but it's not necessary. Do what you feel is right."

ooc: so since only one post is technically required, I thought it'd more beneficial to lay everything in my first post, instead of doing a welcome / waiting. Feel free to interact with each other, or just the obstacle course. If you haven't yet made your 3 posts for the term, you're welcome to do so here as well. Indicate your position preference in your title (or at the very least what 'station' your character is at). Be realistic with your character's flying abilities. You have until September 20th to complete the required post(s) and questionnaire; we'll be around for reactionary posts and/or guidance. Any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to ask myself or the Wizarding World Admin (sweetpinkpixie). Happy flying

___________________You should take your little finger and just point it in the mirror.
________________________________________Baby, maybe you're the problem
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote