Thread: Grounds: The Topiary Garden
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2024, 11:43 AM   #6 (permalink)
sweetpinkpixie

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Seventh Year

Ministry Department Head:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry Department Head:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Proprietor:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

AND if her littliest sister couldn't be a Hufflepuffle, Anna was super relieved that she was in Ravenclaw with Aurora. Of course another of her sisters was there as well so it felt doubly good. Slytherin would have been okay too with Solomon, but something told her he might not like being dubbed an honorary babysitter of sorts. "Or maybe we have just developed a seventh sense that is exclusive to our mental wavelengths," she offered thoughtfully with a couple of taps to her chin. It sounded even more plausible when you threw in a couple of fancy sounding terminology like that. "Like a special intuition...like what people talk about twins having. And since we were obviously born from the same star we are technically twins, right? Or more like...chosen twins like chosen family."

Smiling as she watched Aurora and the topiary interact, she wondered how difficult it was to shape one. She had dabbled in clay before but her hands lacked a certain finesse to make anything not lopsided or with her fingerprints and indentations everywhere. "I would imagine so...I mean...plants are always growing so to not trim and shear and all that would mean that they weren't growing anymore and that seems like a cruel thing to do to something," she considered as she reached out to touch a couple of leaves and rub it gently between her fingers. "Maybe it feels nice...like when you get a nice haircut....but then again...plants don't have a brain or nervous system like we do so it is a bit of wishful thinking too," she hummed as SOME of her Herbology OWL and subsequent review for NEWTs presented itself. "It would be pretty fun if we had a class project to create a topiary though...like a little one that we could keep on our nightstands."

Anna plucked a few more wild flowers to tie together to continue making a floral tiara because Aurora was a princess, and nodded eagerly in agreement. "Very true. AND I think I can convince my parents to have Atlantis be a graduation trip for me! Grades pending...that is...but I think I can do it," she explained while practically bouncing in place. There had been a lot of no's coming out of the Bowen-Walles household when it came to nonacademic happenings and it had only been under the pretense of a kind of work study paired with an A on her Care of Magical Creatures OWL that she had been able to continue her volunteering "So we can maybe FINALLY make good on that dream this summer if we can manage to get all parentals on board. At last, you, me, and Solomon in Atlantis!"

Of course, she now understood the new freedom she had as an of-age witch too and she didn't technically need their permission to do it at all.

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
sweetpinkpixie is offline   Reply With Quote