Thread: Grounds: The Climbing Tree
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2024, 10:15 AM   #7 (permalink)
sweetpinkpixie

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Seventh Year

Ministry Department Head:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry Department Head:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Proprietor:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Oh. No bowtruckles. That was a little disappointing but not in any manner that showed prominently on her freckled features. She had just spent a fair bit of time with Mr. Derf's bowtruckles, particularly Picketta, over the summer during her volunteering with Aurora and she was rather keen to try out some of the techniques she had learned on wild non-rehabilitating bowtruckles. Then again, if they were in this tree that would mean that it was their Home Tree and that would be terribly inconvenient and just rude for herself and her fellow Hogwartians to be climbing it all willy nilly. After all, no one really fancied having people come over to their homes and proceed to climb all over the interior walls and leaving scuff marks.

"Bowtruckles," she repeated with a nod towards Emma. "Just word association, I suppose. Tree equally bowtruckles. Nevermind." It was perfectly okay that there was no bowtruckle searching in progress but also quite fascinating that apparently this tree was a homing beacon for athletic anxieties. Anna did not have any of those herself, but the other two did and about the same sport so that was enough of a coincidence for her to draw this conclusion. "And, well, apologies for spooking you both," she laughed and fluffed her curls a bit to shake some grass and wildflower petals free from it. Being petit like Anna was made her a perfect contender for hide-and-go-seek, though it came with the drawback of sometimes being mistaken for a first year despite certain physical features clearly implying that she was much older than 12, and the grass at Hogwarts was so soft and lush that it hid her very easily. "I usually lay down closer to the lake where the grass is much shorter but the view of the sky from here inspired me today."

Turning towards Nadia and Emma proper, though still sitting in the grass, Anna placed her hands on her knees and smiled wide. "I'll be in the stands cheering you both on in that case," she promised. And she was quite good at cheering, as she had learned over the years, though the penmanship on her signs left much to be desired and just maybe this term she would leave those in the common room. "It's perfectly okay and normal to be nervous about tryouts, Nadia," she offered as encouragement. She couldn't speak to whether or not climbing trees helped with training but she supposed that ti could offer a different and unique perspective of being high up and that could be helpful. "The best advice I received about being nervous about performing...was to focus on what I could actually control and not focus on the things you can't. So...stressing about the importance of the tryouts, impressing the coaches and team captains, all the what if's, and even just the simple thought of 'I want to get the role' ... er... 'I want to make the team' are the sorts of thoughts that are going to distract you from staying in the moment and focusing what you are doing and none of those things are things that you can directly control. Oh! And don't use up your mental energy trying to compare your performance to those around you because you are likely going to undermine and self sabotage that way. Sooooo, you focus on one play at a time and not what is at stake! And...I know...easy for me to say because I am not trying out but I do think the advice holds a lot of truth to it regardless of my lack of participation."

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
sweetpinkpixie is offline   Reply With Quote