Thread: Hogwarts Express: Middle Cars
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2024, 01:23 AM   #14 (permalink)
sweetpinkpixie

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Seventh Year

Ministry Department Head:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry Department Head:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Proprietor:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Text Cut: Mr. Aspiring Poet & Song Writer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emzily View Post

He mimicked her eye roll but coupled it with an infectious grin of amusement. “Well, I hate to disappoint you,” really, he did, “but it’s for my eyes only.” His smile fading as she called it a diary. HOW many times did he need to have this conversation during his school years? “No, it’s not a diary.” Solly snapped, letting out a puff of air that resembled a teensy tiny tantrum. “It’s just somewhere I write down… creative ideas, that’s all.” Solomon had dabbled in songwriting amongst other things but was certainly not ready to admit to that, because he really was no good. He relaxed into a smile again, “you won’t find I heart Sage written all over it, if that’s what you’re worried about.” He might have done something like that in his first year, in all honesty. If you’d told him then that he’d be this friendly with Sage, he would have laughed. Hard.

His touch was clearly accepted as she turned her palm to face him. He smirked subtly enough that she wouldn’t notice.

More delicate tracing of the creases of her palm, and he still wasn’t even aware of the magazine on her lap, despite focussing so much on his hand placement. He didn’t think he’d show much interest in it anyway, despite their past quizzes done together, because the advice some of them spouted were ridiculous. He may be curious about what nonsense she was reading about lately, though. Who’s my perfect man? Perhaps? He did wonder but not enough to ask in this moment.
The more he focussed on his dangling hand, the more his brain told him it was starting to get sore, so he soon stilled it into a stop and rested his whole palm on top of hers.

Her so… completely startling him, and he instinctively pulled his hand back to his own lap.

Solomon could feel his heart rate quickening again as she moved closer to him, quietly panicking over what to do. It felt natural to mould himself towards her, a little cosier. He cleared his throat and shifted so he could stretch and rest his arm on the back of the seat - the classic stretch over in the cinema move. He wasn’t sure how she would take it. But once he had committed, it felt less embarrassing as he very gently moved his arm around her. “So… seventh year, huh.”

A POOR. POOR attempt at conversation.

"Ugh, boring," she sighed over dramatically just so he knew she wasn't being completely serious but also she was a tad disappointed. "But fine fiiiiiiiine. Keep your secret diary...oh...I mean creative journal to yourself for the time being and I'll keep mine to myself too." There would, likely, not be too much judgement and teasing if she ever found out what exactly he was writing in those pages. BUT, she was in orchestra at Hogwarts as a percussionist SO she did have an appreciation for music - though her musical circles were pretty exclusive to jazz and there were no musicians in their realm that satisfied her tastes and therefore she leaned into the real vintage classics of the muggle world. "Aw, you didn't? Now that truly is a disappointment," she laughed. Considering their beginnings, almost an enemeies to friends and now...well...whatever they were calling this, it really would have been amusing if he had. She certainly hadn't written any 'Sage ♥ Solomon' on the margins of anything either - gosh, imagine how embarrassing that would be for someone to find!

There had been nothing in the quiz results that talked about hand cuddling but she decided she was a fan of whatever it was he was doing with his fingers on her palm. As someone who really enjoyed working with her hands and preferred it, mostly, to wandwork and it was nice (like, really nice) to have so much tender attention placed there. Soft Hand Cuddler? Did that seem like a good name for this vibe? She wasn't too satisfied because her own hands were not particularly soft thanks to all her climbing, wood whittling, and drumming...but she did what she could to keep them from getting too dry and calloused and whatever. Solomon had nice hands though, you know, as far as hands went.

Sage's nose scrunched when he retracted his hand as if her hands were ashwinder eggs, but the annoyance was temporary seeing as his arm was moving around her in the next breath or so. "The Arm Draper," she practically giggled under her breath as she took yet another scoot closer to him and positioned herself so there was so more lateral scooting to be had. "So...seventh year," she repeated with a nod and giddy breathy laugh. "So...are there any things that you want to make sure you do this term?" she asked as she look him up and down briefly to try and figure out what to do with her own hands that were just hanging lazily at her sides with her palms pressed against the seat - not a great idea because the magazine was starting to slip. His arm was a nice touch but like...then what was she meant to do with her own? A thought struck her and her gaze shifted to his hand resting on her shoulder so she could make sure her own hand wasn't grasping at straws while it attempted to weave her fingers together with his. There, this worked quite nicely in her opinion - a combo Arm Draper Hand Cuddler. "Like...you ever keep a Hogwarts to-do list in that journal of yours?" she mused while her arm closest to him folded against herself and that hand lay across her lap to protect the magazine from falling. "Aspiration Agenda...Adventure Anthology...Essential Endeavors....Hogwarts Targets...Milestone Map...insert some title of your choosing here where the alliteration is optional..."

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes