Thread: Wand Fitting
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2024, 09:12 PM   #227 (permalink)
SilverTiger

Crumple-Horned Snorkack

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Giselle Barrington
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Teagan Kensington
Slytherin
First Year
x5 x3
Shoe!Girl │ Rebel Ravie │ Confundus Queen │ RP Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixir View Post
"Any kind of wave you want," Zeke confirmed, giving a little nod, but by that time the girl already had the wand in hand and was giving it a wave. Fair enough! He appreciated the enthusiasm.

When that noise came, his customer wasn't the only one who turned to look. He did it automatically, perhaps because it rang out so clearly, and glanced towards the shop window even though they it sounded much closer. Then he looked back to his customer, and understood.

Considering the wand for a moment, Zeke drummed his fingers idly on the side of the empty wand box. He'd noticed the skateboard being looked after over on the other side of his shop, so it seemed to him that it was certainly an effect which reflected the girl's personality. Still, it was a subtle enough sign that he didn't like to assume a match based on that alone. So... "What do you think?" he asked the girl. "Does it feel like the right wand, or would you like to try another?"
Yes, she had gone ahead and taken his suggestion without waiting for the verification, but Tea had generally assumed that it had been her go-ahead to try out said wand. Even with her concerns over what had happened with the kids who had come before her, she hadn’t figured her wave would have created exactly that reaction. Nor was she entirely certain what an audio response meant, or how it was even possible. Given the fact others had gotten physical reactions to their waves. Maybe it was just her?

Either way, between the fact she’d verified Eilonwy hadn’t gone off on a joy ride inside the shop and the simple lack of any real reaction from the wandmaker, she had been left rather confused. Both with her questions as to if auditory results were common and what exactly it all meant for her case. The idle drumming from the wandmaker only proved her point. Even he was thinking and since he’d merely asked for her opinion, she blinked.

“I think…it doesn’t feel wrong, exactly? But does the sound mean the wand likes me, like it knows what I like?”, or at least what her goal for her future was...“Can wands see into our heads?” Okay, it wasn’t really an answer, but she was curious about what he thought. Since it was sort of his job to know if results meant a good fit or not. Plus, she did kind of like this one, evidenced by her not having immediately returned it to the box.

...It must be exhausting, always rooting for the anti-hero
SilverTiger is offline   Reply With Quote