Thread: Woodcroft Games: Food & Drink Stalls
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2024, 07:20 AM   #29 (permalink)
sweetpinkpixie

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Seventh Year

Ministry Department Head:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry Department Head:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Proprietor:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Text Cut: ChesTire Cat, because I won't be letting go of that moment of wit for a long while!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottiepot View Post
The more that Mavis would argue with him, the longer he would stand his ground. It wasn’t even like he was arguing back but there was a strange thrill to being on the receiving end to such sass. A participation trophy would be appreciated, he’d place it next to his endurance plaque from putting up with the accusations.

Miniature Mavis didn’t appear to be as mistrusting as her mum but was doing a great job at whispering secrets. He settled the hat gently on the top of Andrea’s head before his brow arched questioningly. “Resemblance to who?” his eyes flicked between the pair, judging who would crack first.

If she thought that she could get away with the blatant admission that she was warming to him then she had another thing coming. “Is that how I gain your admiration then? By buying you pastries?” The corner of his mouth twitched into a playfully crooked smile as he watched her fluff her perfectly styled curls. “Because I have a whole stack of these things from that cup over there and I came here very much alone.” he waved the vouchers in his hand. Subtly wasn’t his strong point, the Sorting Hat hadn’t even considered any house other than Gryffindor for a reason.

Usually his name came with questions about whether he grew up in the city of Chester, never as an association with a fictional cat. “I’m pretty certain it means fortress” Or something like that anyway, hence why it was used as a suffix to so many place names. “I’d say it’s because my parents liked the city but I don’t think they’ve ever visited.” And this was likely not the response she was anticipating from what he assumed was supposed to be a jibe at him. “But I can guarantee that if they were big fans of literature from centuries ago, my sister would be called Alice and not Allison.” On second thoughts they were remarkably similar. “And Tessa would be what? Tweedle?” he chuckled. Why she was so caught up on the fact he liked smiling, he did not know. “If it makes you feel better, you can call me whatever you like.” Within reason anyway. Chestire was relatively inoffensive in the long list of names he could be called.

He was about to make a comment about the pastry being tainted by a love potion as she licked her fingers clean when she changed the subject of conversation to his chosen profession. “I’m a photographer, yes. Freelance though, you won’t find my work on the cover of Witch Weekly.” Or whatever other publication was popular with the crowds. He enjoyed photographing a pretty subject of course but he didn’t appreciate being told to capture the same poses over and over again. Maybe if the money was persuasive his opinion might change temporarily, rent was expensive.

Maybe Mavis should have insisted mum come along today as a performer as well because then she could have at least passed her darling daughter off to her grandmother and close all these doors Andrea was innocently and unknowingly opening. "No one you need concern yourself about," she huff and redirected her daughter towards some random performer nearby creating balloon animals. Yes, small mouthy daughter, go take a gander over there and indulge yourself in another freebee.

Picking at her fingernails while Andrea skipped off, Mavis felt a little leap and flip in her stomach as Chester continue with his brick to the head ways. "So you are trying to gain my favor and admiration then?" she questioned, one brow arched and arms folding across her chest, index finger now tapping on her elbow. "It hasn't always been easy to tell seeing as how suspicious you have been behaving." Words of affirmation were kind of her jam so it did bode somewhat well for him that he was as subtle as a dragon in tea shop.

Frankly, the speculation about names in his family was sounding a lot like blah blah blah blah blah blah BLAH in the moment. Especially as her subconscious meandered around the point of him smiling so much and why it bothered her to such a degree. It didn't take too long to piece together why and it made her stomach churn in the completely opposite way it had earlier - the unpleasant kind. Recalling someone who she had done a mighty FINE job of pretending was dead for the past however long now so she would stop crying every other second of every day and could actually enjoy her favorite musical again was NOT how she wanted to spend the current moment let alone the rest of the afternoon - she she wouldn't be entertaining the thoughts any further. Nope. "Anything?" she cooed with a little step towards him, but Andrea still very much in her peripheral vision. "How about...annoying?" Yes, she was now leaning in and up on the tiptoes towards him and there was batting of the eyelashes aplenty and pearly white galore accompanying this statement - sometimes being a brat was her way of being affectionate.

And it was kind of nice to learn that he had parents, who he didn't scorn, and a sister. Perhaps she would spin back around to ask about that later...or perhaps not.

She was, however, very interested in his choice of career and the timing of their meeting. Sure she was not without options but it was just so much nicer when opportunities fell into your lap and you didn't need to extend yourself to get things going. Silver platter? Yes, thank you. "You ever take headshots for any aspiring actresses looking for a new set of them to extend her portfolio? Or...maybe be interested in such a thing?"

How was Andrea? Well, she currently had her arms full with balloon animals and was waiting on another addition to her collection.

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
sweetpinkpixie is offline   Reply With Quote