Thread: Woodcroft Games: Food & Drink Stalls
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2024, 05:10 AM   #26 (permalink)
sweetpinkpixie

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Seventh Year

Ministry Department Head:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry Department Head:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Proprietor:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Text Cut: the guy who needs to stop being so charming because it is REALLY starting to get ANNOYING
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottiepot View Post

Do you know what else was exasperating? This back and forth of misconstruing each other's words which in his opinion was completely unnecessary. He likely would’ve been the first to back down had it gone on any longer but then Mavis accepted that he was right (in so many words) and a fleeting smugness flashed across his face before disapparating. “Thank you?” he questioned, attempting to deduce if that was meant to be some kind of backhanded compliment.

Chester’s fondness for kids, a direct result of having close family members who worked with them, was evident in the crooked smile he offered young Andrea. “Charmed to meet you” he leant forward in a slightly dramatic bow to the kid removing the hat once again from his curls. If she wanted ‘princely’ he could offer that in multitudes, although he preferred a roguish hero if given the option.

See? Wasn’t this much more enjoyable? A conversation without suspicious looks and unwarranted accusations. It didn’t take much for Chester to lower his own guard, he was plenty of an open book already. He was assured it was a familial thing, his sisters were equally as extroverted as he was. It wasn’t a misunderstanding that he hadn’t taken his leave, it was sheer stubbornness and the desire to crack whatever shield spell she had placed upon herself that had led him to ignore any social cues and stand his ground. “Are you doubting my sleight of hand?” He smirked. A wise choice, Chester was anything but subtle.

Her playful tone and that sassy little hip bump brought a genuine smile to the former Gryffindor’s face. “Unfortunately I don’t have kitchen privileges or else I would’ve been helping myself before they even made it out here” He chuckled. “I can’t tell you whether any of these are cherry flavoured so you’re just gonna have to lucky-dip it.” Chester meanwhile was not so fussy and any would do. “Maybe I could’ve got a press lanyard or something though. Should’ve brought my camera and blended in, might’ve got extra privileges.” He had purposefully chosen not to work for any publication in particular, he didn’t want his creativeness and composition to be restricted by a typecast or expectation. It often meant more work for himself to assimilate and build his portfolio but it was worth it. He did not have the important ‘connections’ that some people had.

You know what that 'thank you' of his wanted to make her due? Argue more. Find more convoluted ways in which to pick apart his biased logic and exhaust herself further in their battle of wits. And yes, pin a rose on your nose for figuring out her backhanded compliment. His participation trophy would be arriving by owl in the next two to three business days.

Of course her daughter was delighted and giggly by his praise (who DIDN'T like it?) and tugged on Mavis' skirt to get her mum to crouch down just enough so the little girl could whisper something into her ear. Something that had Mavis' glancing over at him as her cheeks pinkened and lips pinched. "I don't see the resemblance at all," she huffed as she stood so quickly she felt dizzy and almost wanted to sit down - leaning against the table behind her would do instead of dirtying her dress. The Mini Mavis certainly did not seem to agree with her mum's assessment but only grumbled her discontent by eating some more pastry.

Take THAT for an unwanted accusation!

"And JUST when I was starting to like you, you cast the shadow of doubt upon yourself. Tsk tsk," she mocked with a casual flip of her blonde curls (she had spent a LOT of effort on styling her hair, for the record). Maybe she wouldn't eat it NOW simply out of spite and hold on to it until later to eat it in the quiet of her parents' home while she cried into her cup of tea and felt sorry for herself. Just this time she could do it with something delicious to nibble on and overthink the comparison made by her daughter before possibly burning the damn book ... or at very least tearing the pages. "Does the name Chester come from an association with the Cheshire Cat?" she questioned rhetorically while picking off some small bits from her bun. "ChesTire Cat, that should be your name." Yes, still stuck on his smirk and grin and all his rubbish.

BUT...did he just say preeeeeeeeess? Mavis licked her fingers clean before speaking and quickly realized that it may be difficult resisting not eating all of this right now. She was...starving, apparently. "So you're a reporter...or photographer...or something?"

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
sweetpinkpixie is offline   Reply With Quote