Thread: Grounds: The Topiary Garden
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2024, 10:32 PM   #15 (permalink)
Chelliephone

Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post

There was always a first time for everything! Ary honestly would not have an issue referring to Drake as ‘wise’ even if Drake didn’t think of himself as such. While Ary might be considered smart by others, he too had his limitations at what he was good at. Also, his friend {boyfriend?} did look even better when he carried himself in that confident manner. “You just don’t recognise that you have because you’re too silly not to.” His lips twitched because while he was serious about Drake growing wise, referring to the curly haired boy as ‘silly’ was just him being playful. That smile turned a little wider and Drake’s next words. “That makes me happy.” Whereas Drake was clearly bashful, Ary was not. He knew what he wanted and he went after it, or in this case, a certain someone.

Now that things had been worked out with Drake, Ary saw how stupid he had been for worrying how this would have gone. His best friend was one of the most understanding persons ever. True, Ary still had to worry about Bry’s reaction but that was a problem for another day. He would simply live in this enjoyable moment. “There’s only one way to find out. Let’s go look! And you’ll get to enjoy all the greenery too.” See? This was more than the perfect place for them to continue in their flora-fauna adventures! Ary tugged on Drake’s hand to lead him off towards the Bowtruckle’s direction.
While Drake knew that limitations were a natural thing, he was blind to whatever those might have been for his best friend. Call it loyalty or infatuation, or whatever, but that was the truth of it for him. As for what term he was? Well.. Drake wasn’t too fussed by labels. What was important to him was their feelings were out in the open - wherever it went from there was good enough for him. He was very aware of the fact everything was complicated for Ary and he certainly wasn’t here to make things more complicated. Not if he could help it anyways. So for now… with their conversation having been what it was… he was content. “Me? Silly? I’m a perfectly serious and ‘wise’ individual.” He was flirting openly now, a small giggle accompanying his words. “I’m glad it does.” Ary being happy was one of his biggest desires, of course.

Stupid was never a word that could be used to describe him. Drake could have understood entirely why he would have been feeling downtrodden and anxious about the conversations he’d had to have. It wasn’t something he’d fault him for, but he was particularly pleased that Ary seemed less uncomfortable now that they were settled. He knew the conversation with Bryony wasn’t something he could help with but… at least Ary didn’t seem to be focused too heavily on it for the time being. Drake took his queue for mood for the rest of the afternoon and likewise brightened, giving his best friend’s hand another squeeze as he followed after him. “Professor Khanna really did create the perfect space for us all didn’t he?” The topiary garden was certainly Flora and Fauna’s dream location.

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start