Thread: Hufflepuff: The Cosy Corner
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2024, 11:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
sweetpinkpixie

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Seventh Year

Ministry Department Head:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry Department Head:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Proprietor:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

To be fair, most did not know much at all about her night terrors because she had taken great effort to not inconvenience her dormmates in while in their most vulnerable state. Prior to sleeping draughts, which the healer had been reluctant to prescribe to her and only did so when all other options had been exhausted, she had asked an older Hufflepuffle to assist with some soundproofing of her bed. She felt AWFUL lying to them about it, the guilt still eating inside her to this DAY, and saying she was asking because she wanted to practice her singing and lines on her bed into the wee hours of the morning without disturbing her dormmates.

Aaaaaaaanyway, Anna was finding Emma's pencils remarkably fascinating at the moment and, more specifically, why someone would wish to chew upon them. She imagined that the eraser would be...a rather unpleasant experience to the tongue with texture alone. But now she was also curious as to what it did taste like. Was there a Bertie Bott that had eraser flavor? "I think it is more about holding on to an aesthetic and differitation that wizarding folk are different from muggles. I mean, it is a pretty clear and blatant form of othering if you think about it. I also suppose that buying from muggle distributors would upset Gringott's because the business selling these muggle wares would be a constant drain on "foreign" exchange. On a more positive note too...quills and parchment create a unique and distinct society with its own customs and practices, so we are keeping the history and legacy of our ancestors alive by still using them. I mean...it is kind of fun to think about how the same way we take notes in class and write essays are the exact same ways that Helga Hufflepuff did in her youth and how her students did under her instruction." Needless to say, an interest in debate and seeing situations from every approach had been intensified thanks to Professor Fergersnout. All that insight and yet Anna found herself utterly bewildered by Emma's suggestion. "...who is Ms Windell?"

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes