Thread: Hogsmeade: Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2024, 06:38 PM   #48 (permalink)
Lottiepot

Alley Proprietor
Graphorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Apollonia Fergersnout
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurora Ackerly
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Diagon Alley Proprietor:
Tessa McKinley
Nesting Occamy Rentals

x12 x6
HeadGirlMC | Treddie & Trixiver <3 | Copy Girl | Katie's Ickle Minion | I love YOU more

If it was any consolation, Ruby would never compare Ryu to a fish. Not that she had ever seen tuna in person and she was quite sure that the size would be impressive, the type of catch the fisherman brought in in the harbours of Cornwall were of the smaller variety like mackerel and were flaunted by older bearded men in oil slicks and flat caps. Either way, Ryu smelled far better than any fish did and his smile was far superior to the pouty lips of a piscine so the comparison was void in her opinion.

Relieved to hear another thing that the pair had in common, Ruby smiled fondly hearing about the connection he had to his family. “I’m the Takeshi of my family” she laughed softly. “I was a Ravenclaw in a family of Slytherins. Both my parents, my eldest sister and my two brothers were Snakes. It wasn’t until my parents adopted my younger sister Holly that I had company.” A relief truly, for such a shy girl to finally have familial support in her own common room when she sometimes felt so alone. “Was it a pleasure to have your family members in your house or was it a hindrance?” she asked.

The conversation switching to that of the war was understandable considering the date. She was lucky enough to have not been affected too much in that her own family were all safe during its events, her close family friends the Amsterns sadly could not say the same. “I’m a Mediwitch, I did not fight but I aided in treating the wounded.” She did not nor would not take any credit for her contribution, she was merely doing her job and it was the heroes on the frontline that deserved the appreciation. As gentle of a soul she was, her career was not for the faint of heart and exposure to the horrors of the quidditch pitch had somewhat prepared her for what she’d see. Besides, the same could be said over her companion who too did not seem like the fighting type.

It was a very wise decision to not trust the advice of his nephew, a game of footsie would likely have elicited an alarmed response from the woman. Some people were very forward when it came to their flirtations, Ruby was not. The subtle blush that touched her cheeks as he removed his jacket and took his seat opposite her was hopefully not obvious. It was painful that she could engage in an ordinary conversation with a stranger and yet the minute a waft of potential romanticism was involved, her blood vessels chose to betray her emotions to the entire world. In an attempt to disguise whatever her face was saying, her attention turned back to the blossom of whose petals her fingertips lightly grazed. “I shall give it my best attempt, it would be such a shame to let such beauty wither away.” As would be inevitable should she not try to propagate. A miniature tree would be a welcome addition to her already blooming rooftop garden. “That’s okay, we can’t all be budding gardeners or else there’d be no room left for humans,” she chuckled. Unless humanity decided to live in treehouses which didn’t sound like too much of a negative. “I don’t think I’ve ever seen a plum blossom before.” Perhaps that was more of a cultural thing, the UK favoured broadleaf oaks in the south and pines in the north and an assortment of apple trees wherever the weather was kind enough. “Tell me about your school?” she enquired sweetly, a genuine fascination for others worldly experiences lighting up her face. Her path was sadly less traveled, a combination of her mother’s distant family in France and her paternal bloodline in Russia being about as well cultured as she was. More importantly, she loved to hear others speak of their passions.

Her own eyes turned to the menu which she promptly opened to peruse. “I’d be tempted by the Cornish Pasty but I grew up in Cornwall and I don’t think it would ever be comparable to the independent bakeries on the seafront.” She was sure that Paddifoot or whoever ran the establishment was a perfectly fine cook but she had been spoiled by her proximity to the best. “I have heard that the cream teas are the best in the Wizarding community however.”