Thread: Hogsmeade: Simply Stylish Salon
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2024, 04:04 PM   #22 (permalink)
Kimothy

Moke

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Astrid Grimaldi
Slytherin
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nikita Vitvinina-Grahn
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year
x12
Kimothée Chalamet • The UWU Agenda • Once Baby, Now Trouble • All Growed Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottiepot View Post
Technically in comparison to the rest of the family, Aurora was still pretty little but she HAD grown somewhat in recent months and it was assisting with the whole ‘I want to be tall and beautiful like my mums’ thing she had going on at one point. “I’ll always be little to you” she retorted. Not just in height but in age too, she was the youngest sibling until quite recently. “And that’s okay, if I wasn’t the little sister who would I turn to for guidance?” If Ariadne hadn’t got her life completely together (in Rora’s opinion anyway), she might’ve felt a little sorry for her not having an older sibling for advice. But Ari was a YATI in a steady relationship and with an effortlessly cool, calm and collected personality that she could only dream of having.

She might have been a little disappointed to hear that the advice that Aurora needed today was trivial compared to the woes of fifth year. With exams rapidly approaching, the fifteen year old had barely spared a thought towards starting revision although she had been attempting to listen harder in lessons and had taken to writing notes in scented gel pens so that she was more likely to look back on them. The other woes, the whole relationship thing, was essentially non-existent. There was a part of her that was happy and content being who she was and another part which constantly compared herself to her seemingly more mature and emotionally advanced peers. It was needless and pointless to compare but these were the thoughts of a teenage girl.

“I need you to pick out some potions for me, so that my hair always looks nice.” For the times that she didn’t roll out of bed looking like a Disney princess, or where she didn’t want to braid her hair into the iconic pigtails that had been her staple for the first three years of Hogwarts. Or for after she’d spent hours in the stables tending to the horses or going for a stroll through the grounds in the middle of winter and come back looking like she’d been dragged through a hedge backwards.
"You're right, but you are growing taller." Ariadne just might have to get used to it. But, as Rora had said herself, she'd always be her younger sister. "Mm, not sure I enjoy the thought of you being anyone else's little sister, actually." The older blond had to tease. Suppose it is inevitable that maybe Rora knew an older student in school right now, whom she could trust and ask for quick advice from. Ari much preferred if Rora asked her directly, though — as her actual older sister, Ari only ever has Rora's best interest in mind — but it is a possibility, and Rora was growing up and making friends.

It's adorable that Rora thought of Ari as someone who had everything in her life together. Realistically, she didn't. Her medical past would be enough proof of it, and her therapist would corroborate. Things with Tommy weren't always smooth sailing, but they've been great lately. Auror training, it goes without saying, was also difficult. Have you seen her stack of modules at home? Mountainous! Not to mention those days when she felt so beaten and achey from the sparring and duelling practices.

Also, she would never think of fifth year struggles as trivial. Ari would know. Her fifth year had not, capital n-o-t, been a walk in the park. If it was a big deal to Rora, then it certainly was a big deal to Ari, hence why she was here to begin with.

"What's wrong with your hair? It's always nice." Ari responded, and she genuinely meant that. There were surely bad hair days, no doubt, but they had been quite blessed with some great genetics when it comes to hair. "You just have to maintain it. Aren't you using the pretty pink hair clips I got you last time?" Doing her due diligence as a good older sister, though, Ari did stretch an arm out to pick up the nearest hair product on display. Truthfully, she'd never shopped here for products before, but who knows they might find something worth purchasing.

...Well, Rora won't be needing this beard growth and strengthener treatment, for sure. What a collection.

___________________________________And the whole wide world is whistling...
Kimothy is offline   Reply With Quote