Thread: Woodcroft Games: Picnic Area
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2024, 02:22 AM   #29 (permalink)
sweetpinkpixie

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Seventh Year

Ministry Department Head:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry Department Head:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Proprietor:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Text Cut: the purest of golden retrievers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charely Potter View Post

Although the gentle jab was cut short, Freddie did hear enough to chuckle while dragging his roommate along for the ride. Where he stopped, nobody knew. But they could easily predict where he would stop. As he focused more on the shiniest over the facts, "Hmm, you always have a keen eye for these things. I like that." He grinned at Atlas. The magical gleam could be seen for a moment at the next question.

"You think it'll let me?" Freddie asked. "I feel like it'll give me a nice zap. But maybe you want to see me swept off my feet for once?" His teeth fully showing. "I'll do it." Reaching his hand out to pick up the cup. He wasn't sure what the slight tingly sensation that followed was from. His excitement? The spell of the replica working its magic? Him being nervous? Or it was just an illusion. But what wasn't an illusion was the sight of liquid filling as soon as he grasped the cup.

Gasp.

Before he could feel any bad reaction, the liquid disappeared with his fingers off the handle. The cup remained in place, but now it was a voucher inside. "Cool... a free drink." He read it. "So, what do you want? My treat."

Atlas certainly never tired of hearing about how skilled he was at the things he was proficient in, especially when it came from a particular handful of voices - Freddie, obviously, being among those. He was quite convoluted in such things as well, resenting those who thought themselves cunning and thus were merely sweet talking him to achieve their own means (or those he perceived to be of such intent), so there was always the possibility of compliments creating a chip on his shoulder instead of a reluctant purr from the Gryffindor. But, again, there were a finite few exceptions so this outcome. In any case, Atlas was grinning just a bit at his mate's words and seemed to stand just a bit taller than his usual 5'10" stature. "Yeah, well, I've always been observant and tinkering combined with alchemy studies just amplified my natural abilities." He could have made for a great alchemist too...if potions did not bore him so much. Metal charming was far more interesting and he could lean on his other assets when the project required it.

Also, he liked that Freddie liked this about him - which went without saying, yeah?

Atlas snorted so loudly that he really ought to have been mortified by the sound, but it was a continuation of a rare moment of serenity in which he did not care just how he may be perceived by others. "You're joking, right? of course the ruddy thing is going to let you." It really wasn't even a question, which is why Freddie would be the one to pick it up for a potential voucher. This blonde Gryffindor, on the other hand, would abstain...perhaps a little more concerned with others perception than the moment would indicate. Cheeks a bright shade of pink once again, Atlas sidestepped from the goblet as if his proximity would have any influence on Freddie's success and rolled his eyes (delighted, as his smile and chuckle would indicate) when Freddie received a voucher for his touch. He would callout the gobstones star on his pseudo modesty...if there were any coursing through his veins. "See, it is literally impossible for anyone or anything to not like you." Shaking his head, Atlas ventured closer to his companion and peered over his shoulder to check the voucher and swallowed a bit thickly. "Let's...get something with a little more kick than a butterbetter," he suggested, stepping just a little bit closer so he could reloop his pinky around Freddie's. "...more coin for your niffler that way."

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
sweetpinkpixie is offline   Reply With Quote