Thread: Woodcroft Games: Picnic Area
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2024, 07:26 AM   #26 (permalink)
noodles

Hinkypunk

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rowan Fairfax
Slytherin
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ezra Greenwood
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year
x2
Yeahhh, Mr White! Yeah science!

SPOILER!!: Trixiebos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottiepot View Post
The relaxed atmosphere compared to her parent’s frivolities was likely due to the formality of any event that the couple held. Poor Freddie had to buy a whole wardrobe of three piece suits just to keep up with the occasions. Now that her parents were far older, the parties had lessened and life was much quieter for the family. “Well aren’t you glad you did then?” Her smile was somewhat playful in its nature. “Imagine a life without your wife. There would have been no one to bail you out from all the recklessness you’d have gotten yourself into.” And she might have still been that self-centered, slightly stuck up little girl she once was.

That statement might have rang true decades ago but she had found that as the years had progressed, the magical community’s fashion choices had improved too. Sure there were the odd few who had evidently never seen a muggle magazine or watched a programme set within that decade but generally it was getting better. “Even my grandparents didn’t dress like they belong in King Arthur’s Court” she laughed. “But I understand what you mean, there are a few eccentric fellows who’d stand out like a sore thumb walking down Oxford Street.” Maybe if she hadn't married Fred, she herself would have been far more insular too. She’d have probably never been to Oxford Street for a start, or visited some of the beautiful resorts they’d holidayed to, or captured every milestone her five children had made on a beautiful old muggle camera and made into a scrapbook.

Freddie always knew what to say to make a woman feel better about themselves. It wasn’t even like Trixie was the type to self-pity or wallow in the dreaded inevitability that was aging but if she did, she was sure that he would boost her ego with all his might. His words were always so sincere too, like they came from his heart and not read off of a script. “You must look in a mirror, my love. The years have worked more in your favour than you’d think possible.” Freddie had always been model like, high cheekbones and long limbs and beautiful pale eyes but maturity had graced his features to turn him even more handsomely than before. “I’m trying to think of another analogy but maturing like a cheese doesn’t quite have the same ring to it” she chuckled. Trixie wasn’t quite such an accomplished smooth talker. She accepted her husband’s hand and gracefully sat on the blanket, stretching her legs out before her.

The former Head Girl’s intentions for visiting the festival weren’t primarily so that she could partake in any of the games. As a much younger woman, especially in school and against a certain Slytherin Captain, she would’ve been first in line. She’d always been competitive, in quidditch, at horse riding, even in her first job she had risen through the ranks in quick succession but that streak had calmed perhaps as a result of motherhood. She’d feel guilty competing against a child or even a young adult and winning with her obvious advantage. “No, that's quite alright. I think I’d rather enjoy the entertainment. I also didn’t dress appropriately for frolicking down a hill or playing a game of tug’o’war.” She wiggled her toes from within their high-heeled boot prison as if to prove her point. “Did anything tickle your fancy though?” She wouldn’t be opposed to watching Freddie get his competitiveness on for once.
And said quiet life suited Freddie down to the ground. Although he had changed over the years, mellowed with age, he still didn't feel comfortable around the other side of the family. They had never thought Fred was right for Trixie, but, what he used to resent and rail against, he now understood, especially since he had had daughters of his own. The couple were polar opposites in terms of where they came from. He would have felt the same had he been privileged enough to have been born with legacy wealth and some poor kid came sniffing around one of his girls.

He complimented his wife's playful smile with a small, soft one of his own, scooting closer to her on the blanket “Mhm.” He thought for a moment. “Although.. I was on my best behaviour at Hogwarts, and after meeting you.” Facts. Had she seen all the valuable stuff just laying around in the castle ready for the taking? Not to mention some of the paintings. “There was only that one time you had to bail me out.” He replied, his smile turning wry. But what followed that incident would not be mentioned or even thought about today.

He looked around at all the be-costumed people, his gaze settling back on Trixie. “There can't be many true purebloods left. Most of the community must know what's going on outside the magical world.” And it was true that fashion tastes had changed. “Yet the kids still have to wear robes to school.” How how he despised those things back at Hogwarts.

It wasn't like Freddie gave out compliments freely, but when he did, you knew they were genuine. Trixie was ageing with pure grace. He shook his head at her words, he didn't take flattery as well as his better half, and only resulted in embarrassment for him. “I'm just glad I haven't turned into my da.” He mused. “But thank you. I guess.” Fred had certainly bulked up since his youth, the boxing he took up factoring into it as well as a better diet and all the long walks with the dogs. His nose crinkled. Cheese? Old cheese? “Best keep such analogies to yourself.” He said playfully.

The man was grateful that there had been no word from his extroverted (obnoxious and annoying) cousin that he would be in attendance today. Their relationship had been a rocky one over the years, but, again, it was something that had calmed down. It had to really, with Trixie still being best friends with him. Loud people, attention seekers, those who had to have a witty word for everything, grated on Freddie's nerves (present company excluded of course). It was selfish, but he was glad to have Trixie all to himself today. “Fair enough. But if you change your mind, our daughters did say they would be here today.” Because, let's face it, Freddie would not be getting up in front of anyone to make a fool of himself. Another shake of the head. “No. Definitely not.” Sorry to be such a boring introvert, Trixie, but no.