Thread: Woodcroft Games: Picnic Area
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2024, 09:10 PM   #23 (permalink)
TakemetotheBurrow

Grindylow

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Everleigh Evans
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Luca Benetti
Hufflepuff
Graduated

x12 x7
elephant-astic•wanderlust•stay in the ninedaaays the original Taco Belle•look at the flowers✿

SPOILER!!: Cutie!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSnapesGirl View Post

"It's a gift." Actually, Ezra wished that were true. Half the time he felt like he didn't know what he was doing. Or, well, a majority of the time was probably more precise. "Thanks! They do look great," he agreed before grabbing a blueberry and popping it into his mouth. Mmm. Yep, Everleigh was right, it was pretty good. Another win for the event.

Grabbing another chip next, he nodded. "Yeah, figured I'd check them out after this. What about you?" He hadn't decided which one he would try first though. They all sounded fun, but of course he had to start somewhere. Maybe he'd see which one Everleigh felt more drawn to, and they could try it together. He smiled when she agreed that the cookies were good, and then his grin grew even more at her compliment. "You think so?" He did try to keep in shape, at least for the most part - but it was sorta hard not to, considering all the stairs in the castle, not to mention the extensive grounds.

"Not sure I'm a games person. Well, at least not these types of games." She paused for a moment and then added. "Though, I suppose I could be convinced to join you. I pick up on things quickly and I've been known to be a good partner from time to time." Because as much of an independent woman as she was, not having to wander around by her lonesome all afternoon was looking kind of nice. She offered Ez a smile in response to his question, nodding eagerly. "Well, yeah. You've seen yourself in the mirror. Come on, you're plenty athletic." She appreciated that about him, did he know?

What she didn't appreciate was the way her heart seemed to plummet into her stomach when she'd been oh so casually glancing around, taking in the sights with a content smile on her face, and spotted the two familiar faces dancing off in the distance. It wasn't even like she cared or anything. Like, whatever, maybe they were on a date. It was fine. People dated all the time. She dated. A lot. Yeah, it was fine.

...It didn't really feel fine, though.

Everleigh scooted a bit so her back was to the unpleasant scene (which was actually adorable, which made the whole thing worse) and blurted out, "So you should take me on a date sometime." ...Because yeah, that was obviously the best way to make her feel better.