Thread: Third Floor: Clock Tower Entrance
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2024, 04:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Zoe
Dark Force Defense League

Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Beauden Wild
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry Department Head:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry Department Head:
Almer Toots
Transportation

x8 x8
Bathes in Maple Syrup | Dancing Lobster | Mrs. Charlie Weasley | Seneca's Beard | That's So Fetch

"Yes, the pendulum has runes carved into it. I noticed it the other day and just had to come back to study them more closely. I'm glad you think it's interesting, too. It's pretty amazing how they can be right in front of us, but we only see them when we start paying attention."

Gilly appreciated Phoebe's candor about seeking quiet places. She could relate, often losing herself in books and the solace they provided. "I get that," she said softly. "It's not always easy to find a quiet spot in this castle."

Hearing Phoebe's words, Gilly took a moment to process them. She didn't press for more information since it typically wasn't in her nature to plunge into more personal conversations. Instead, she focused on the question Phoebe had asked about the runes—academia was her forte, after all.

"They create a powerful protective charm. Algiz starts it off with its shield-like energy, Uruz adds strength and vitality, Hagalaz brings about change and challenge, Tiwaz directs focus and determination, and Othala grounds it all in ancestral wisdom and home. So, together they could imply that this place provides a shield of strength and protection through transformative times." Gilly paused, her eyes looking away from the pendulum toward the fellow Slytherin. "It's like a puzzle, and the more you study it, the more you see."