Thread: Woodcroft Games: Caber Toss
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2024, 09:22 PM   #11 (permalink)
Lottiepot

Graphorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Apollonia Fergersnout
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurora Ackerly
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

x12 x6
HeadGirlMC | Treddie & Trixiver <3 | Copy Girl | Katie's Ickle Minion | I love YOU more

Ruby was one of those individuals who had interest in a lot of things and yet wasn’t particularly proficient in any of them. She loved to ride horses but she wasn’t as good as her sister Holly, she adored the sea but couldn’t surf like Tabby could and she had achieved her E in Potions but wasn’t able to brew with her eyes closed like the twins could. She often found herself comparing her abilities to her incredible family, desperately proud of their achievements but too shy to speak of her own. All of this was to say that she likely too would’ve looked like Bambi on ice should she don a pair of skates and that she understood Regina’s reluctance over praising herself.

“I’ll be sure to search them out later then” she smiled fondly. The Broadmoor and Amstern familial bonds were unbreakable, her mother had no siblings so Vashti had filled in the Aunt role so wonderfully when they were growing up. Even the twins were fond of the family, so much so that Kimmie was able to wind them up without consequences. “I bet she’s in her element with the historical tie in.” Ruby had regrettably dropped History of Magic in favour of the subjects she’d need for her career pathway but that hadn’t dampened her interest.

She too hoped that her skills would not be required but she was there to offer them nevertheless. “I am only slightly concerned about that hill over there” she laughed.

Well at least they’d be playing on an even playing field then. It also seemed to help that the event was more of a test of their magical skills then it was a show of physical strength. Ruby was quite sure she wouldn’t be able to pick up a traditional caber let alone throw it. “We can only give it a go.” She withdrew her wand and carefully used the severing charm to temporarily shorten her long sleeves, having not pre-thought over the practicality of her attire.