Thread: Hogsmeade: Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2024, 04:24 PM   #42 (permalink)
Lottiepot

Alley Proprietor
Graphorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Apollonia Fergersnout
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurora Ackerly
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Diagon Alley Proprietor:
Tessa McKinley
Nesting Occamy Rentals

x12 x6
HeadGirlMC | Treddie & Trixiver <3 | Copy Girl | Katie's Ickle Minion | I love YOU more

She’d hope that Ryu’s breathlessness was a result of her taking his breath away in the most positive of ways and not because she was a disappointment and it had come as a surprise to the poor man. Ruby may not have had the glamour of her older sister or the timeless grace of her mother, she’d of described herself as a ‘plain Jane’ whose makeup was subtle and clothing reflected simplicity and comfort and didn’t necessarily subscribe to the trends of the day. What she did portray was an open book, the sort of woman who wore her heart on her sleeve and who put everyone else's needs before her own.

He at least broke the ice by offering his own hand which she gladly took in her own before it was lifted up and a kiss planted on the back of it. The colour rose to her cheeks although that too could be played off by the chilly weather and not because any sign of physical affection usually resulted in a girlish shyness. “Your father has certainly sung your praises” she admitted, trying her best to keep eye contact without feeling like a nervous school girl. “I must admit, I haven’t done this in a while.” A blind date she meant, any attempts at dating recently had resulted in close friendships and nothing more. If anything she should be thanking him for bothering with her, her reluctance had nothing to do with concern over him but rather concern that she wasn’t good enough or experienced enough or worthy enough.

Perhaps Puddifoots was a perfect choice for this date considering the awkwardness the pair was exuding, they were fitting right in. Even more so when that compliment came and any ‘cool and confident’ front she had put up seemingly melted away. “Oh. I suppose I have my mother to thank for those” she blushed, briefly glancing at her feet in an attempt to disguise the expression on her face.