Thread: Grounds: The Topiary Garden
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2024, 02:44 AM   #14 (permalink)
FearlessLeader19
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Fourth Year

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

SPOILER!!: Duck! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
Being called wise was not something that Mandrake Beery often (or perhaps ever) experienced. But when his best friend, one of the smartest people he knew, called him such it was hard for his shoulders to not straighten and move back a little bit with pride. “I wouldn’t say I have become so. But… I like that you thought so.” He grinned, almost shyly, back at him. And now that almost was certainly an absolute on the shyness scale, as he ruffled his hair with his free hand in an embarrassed sort of way. “Well… I like knowing that. And … I don’t think mine will either.” He wouldn’t hold either of them to it since they were still rather young, but there was something to be said about how the first crushes were always special and the hardest to get on from right? Maybe that would equate to just… feeling it forever. Even if he probably, technically, wasn’t Aryan’s first crush.

At the question of further exploration, and the fact Ary really did look like he felt LOADS lighter, Drake grinned and gave their joined hands a small squeeze before letting Ary swing them back and forth. “Ooooh a bowtruckle!? Do you think there’s a mooncalf about somewhere too? We should go and find one for you!”

There was always a first time for everything! Ary honestly would not have an issue referring to Drake as ‘wise’ even if Drake didn’t think of himself as such. While Ary might be considered smart by others, he too had his limitations at what he was good at. Also, his friend {boyfriend?} did look even better when he carried himself in that confident manner. “You just don’t recognise that you have because you’re too silly not to.” His lips twitched because while he was serious about Drake growing wise, referring to the curly haired boy as ‘silly’ was just him being playful. That smile turned a little wider and Drake’s next words. “That makes me happy.” Whereas Drake was clearly bashful, Ary was not. He knew what he wanted and he went after it, or in this case, a certain someone.

Now that things had been worked out with Drake, Ary saw how stupid he had been for worrying how this would have gone. His best friend was one of the most understanding persons ever. True, Ary still had to worry about Bry’s reaction but that was a problem for another day. He would simply live in this enjoyable moment. “There’s only one way to find out. Let’s go look! And you’ll get to enjoy all the greenery too.” See? This was more than the perfect place for them to continue in their flora-fauna adventures! Ary tugged on Drake’s hand to lead him off towards the Bowtruckle’s direction.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺