Thread: Third Floor: Clock Tower Entrance
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2024, 05:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
astrocat
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Third Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

SPOILER!!: Gilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
Gilly was so absorbed in her book and the pendulum's motion that she didn't notice Phoebe until she spoke. Startled slightly, he blinked a few times, pulling herself out of her thoughts, and turned to face her dormmate. A smile tugged at the corners of her mouth as she recognized Phoebe. It had been a while since they'd had a proper conversation.

"Hi, Phoebe," she replied, her voice soft but warm. She glanced back at the pendulum, her eyes tracing its arc once more before looking back at Phoebe. "Yeah, Ancient Runes. See this one here?" She pointed to a rune on the pendulum. "Algiz. It symbolises protection. But combined with these others—Uruz, Hagalaz, Tiwaz, and Othala—it forms a complex meaning. It's fascinating how the same symbols can form different patterns depending on how you look at them."

There was a brief pause before Gilly continued (her ability to make small talk was gradually improving, all thanks to Drake). "Sorry, I get a bit carried away... How have you been? Anything in particular bring you to the Clock Tower?"

Pheebs tucked a messy strand of her hair behind her ear, then squinted at the pendulum. "Oh... wow. I didn't realize that the pendulum had runes on it. Is that why you're here?" Needless to say, Phoebe was impressed by the idea. "I just came here to... think, I guess. Watch the pendulum. Do homework. Reapply makeup. Et cetera." Phoebe stuff. She shrugged. "It's hard to find quiet places sometimes. I usually try and find an empty closet or classroom, but even those sometimes have people there." Not that Gilly was unwelcome company, of course. Phoebe liked her a lot.

"I'm okay," Phoebe said half-truthfully. "I'm sort of starting to settle in to school." But that didn't make everything in her life perfect. She avoided her dormmate's eyes. "So... do you know what it means when Algiz, Uruz, Hagalaz, Tiwaz, and Othala go together?"