Thread: Woodcroft Games: Tug-o-War
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2024, 10:23 AM   #11 (permalink)
sweetpinkpixie

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Seventh Year

Ministry Department Head:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry Department Head:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Proprietor:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Text Cut: Solomon, the one who is DASHING in CASHMERE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emzily View Post
Solomon readjusted his hat a few times, unknowing that it didn’t match his outfit whatsoever, nor the theme. Why did he think it would give off the impression of cool? During his wait for Sage, Solly watched the other people about to participate getting covered in confetti and it warranted a very amused expression. See? It was a good job he was wearing a hat if that was to be his fate as well.

The distraction was enough to miss Sage walking over to him but his attention was quickly averted to all of her. He smiled in greeting and said, “Hey.” He felt surprised that she had gone all out for this, but wow… she certainly knew how to stump him for words for a moment because she looked amazing so he was pleased that she began by commented on his attire first.

The tone of underwhelmed regarding his outfit had not gone unnoticed! “I’ll have you know this is cashmere.” He gestured to his ridiculous poncho. Yeah, perhaps he was a little beige but Solomon was not gifted in the fashion department. This is why he needed a girlfriend, pronto. “I’m supposed to look dashing. At least I was trying to.” Solly may have been fishing for a compliment after giving Sage such a grand one beforehand. He chuckled off his apparent fail, because it didn’t matter so much.

Solly gently kicked her foot away from his tassels. No need to emphasise the existence of those, thanks.

I see you’ve gone for a bit of house pride. We all know you’re in Slytherin, Sage.” Solly smirked before clearing his throat for the next part of his sentence, seemingly struggling with it. “Nah, I’m only joking. You look … really nice.” Smile enforced - turns out it wasn’t actually that difficult to compliment her as she did look incredibly lovely.

Now for the reason they were here in this specific place - tug of war. Solomon was very eager to get started, feeling prepared for Sage to surprise him like she often did, but also quietly confident due to his general competitive nature. “Might as well give this a try while we’re here?” He suggested while cracking his knuckles, loud enough that it even made him feel uncomfortable for a split second.

She was hardly a budding fashionista so she would not be among the chorus of entitle opinions informing him of some bogus social construct. Did she read the magazines and occasionally cross reference her own wardrobe? Yes, yes she did but it was less about making sure that she was on trend and much more in an effort to remain a contrarian. Which was why today she felt slightly irritated that she was contributing to the sea of green but...whatever. She was one of the few ladies not in some frilly dress or skirt and that satisfied the criteria well enough. And besides...she liked his hat.

"I never said you didn't look dashing," she replied with an exaggerated roll of the eyes. Honestly, he needed to have his ears cleaned out. "Or not handsome or alluring or attractive or sno---" The sixth year nearly choked on her tongue there and needed to cough a few times to recover and get back on track. "What I did ask was what are you supposed to be? A peasant? A squire? A disguised prince? Lots of people have some identity in mind. Like myself, for example, I am manifesting dryad realness." And she gave a little slow twirl to show off her outfit and then performed an entirely out of character cutesy pose to finish her circumference. "The Slytherin pride with coloration is pure coincidence but also green is pretty much a mandatory color when it comes to trees." Plus, she looked good in green and she wasn't going to be shy about that.

And neither was he, so it seemed.

"Thank you," she nodded, her eyes briefly glancing over at the shopkeeper and his feline and the literal poison he had just tossed all over another pair nearby. It was more than enough to take her out of the current mood and drain the blush from her cheeks temporarily. "I hope he plans on cleaning all THAT up," she grumbled through her teeth as she sidestepped to stand right next to Solomon, shoulder to shoulder and fingertips brushing fingertips. "Throwing confetti and leaving it behind is littering and totally irresponsible. Did you that some types of confetti can take up to 1,000 years to break down? Not to mention us being close to a river and the absolute chaos and destruction it could cause to the aquatic ecosystem."

Her fingers curled inwards, the intention to slip into her pocket for her wand, when her fingers seemingly very purposefully brushed over the back of his hand and that sudden jolt of warmth pulled her out from her vexed scrutiny. Him cracking his knuckles assisting even more and Sage clicked her tongue with a tight smile. "Were you planning on this being a one v one battle or us teaming up to take down another team two v two?" Solomon had managed to regain her attention for the most part, but she also couldn't stop giving the ground and the flecks being brushed out of the older bloke's hair.

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
sweetpinkpixie is offline   Reply With Quote