Thread: Seventh Floor: Astronomy Lesson 1: TBA
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2024, 03:04 PM   #17 (permalink)
Lottiepot

Alley Proprietor
Graphorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Apollonia Fergersnout
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurora Ackerly
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Diagon Alley Proprietor:
Tessa McKinley
Nesting Occamy Rentals

x12 x6
HeadGirlMC | Treddie & Trixiver <3 | Copy Girl | Katie's Ickle Minion | I love YOU more

Aurora wasn’t sure what she made of Astrology or Divination and she certainly didn’t have the natural ability for either but it sure was fascinating and whimsical and she liked trying to figure out patterns and omens, even if what she came up with was completely nonsensical. Witch Weekly evidently DID have the knack as her description was exemplary. “Woah, that IS me” she blinked. “I was optimistic that we would both get here on time today and look here we are! Maybe I am secretly a seer..” It didn’t matter how old they were getting, Aurora was determined that one day they’d be able to develop a telepathic link between each other. It could help prevent them from getting into trouble for talking the whole way through the lesson like they were presently.

Wait.. What was the question? WAS there a question? Because suddenly all these students were talking about eclipses and she was still half a topic behind. All these much younger students with much larger brains, or perhaps just better listening comprehension? She knew what an eclipse was and that when it happened everything went dark but hadn’t recalled the Professor asking them anything about it.

Or maybe it was because she was too enthralled by learning what her astrological sign said about her that she had missed the point entirely?

She was pleased that Anna looked equally as perplexed as she did, the model in the centre of the room was rather enchanting though, the way that the sun was reflecting off of the fake Earth. Even more confusing was that they were expected to learn a spell in Astronomy, as if her tired brain wasn’t already struggling enough to keep up with just the scientific information. Not one to complain however, the blonde stood up ready to practice the swirly wand movement for herself all the while whispering to her bestie. “I wish I was clever enough to learn Latin.” Because spells were never simple enough to say. “Co-ro-na Pro-te-gat. Corona Protegat. What’s a Corona?” she asked Anna.