Thread: Seventh Floor: Astronomy Lesson 1: TBA
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2024, 09:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

Alley Proprietor
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
Second Year

Diagon Alley Proprietor:
Caledon Roth
The Leaky Cauldron
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Sydney wasn’t at all surprised that her guess had been incorrect. Honestly she was just guessing astronomy topics that interested her and made sense to study together, as she hadn’t been at Hogwarts for the lesson in question. As such, she wasn’t too disappointed to be wrong.

She listened intently as the lesson moved on. As soon as Professor Gert mentioned the placement of the sun, earth, and moon, Sydney had a pretty good idea what the subject of this lesson was. Eclipses… she couldn’t think of anything else it could possibly be. Unfortunately, someone else (Ary) beat her to naming the eclipses, so she decided to expand on that information instead.

“I agree… eclipses,” she said after raising her hand. “Solar eclipses happen when the moon passes between the earth and sun and casts a shadow on the earth. Lunar eclipses are when the earth passes between the sun and moon and casts a shadow on the moon.” While she could’ve elaborated on the subject, she’d leave some facts for the others to give.

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...