Thread: Seventh Floor: Astronomy Lesson 1: TBA
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2024, 10:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

Alley Proprietor
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
Second Year

Diagon Alley Proprietor:
Caledon Roth
The Leaky Cauldron
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Sydney noticed Hamish's hoot of acknowledgement, but she didn't dwell on it. She was here to learn, not converse with the professor's familiar. Besides, the lesson was starting! She sat up, listening with respectful attention.

Something they'd studied in the past? How far into the past did Professor Gert want them to go? Sydney had only been at Hogwarts for about half a term! She combed through her knowledge or astronomy for two topics that could potentially go together - and not the obvious ones! Her thoughts immediately turned to comets, meteors, and asteroids… things that could potentially collide with the earth and cause glorious chaos.

Thinking of the hysteria that would cause almost made her want to smile - almost, but not quite. Besides, the room setup didn't seem to lend itself to a mock asteroid collision. It probably wasn't that, but the layout did remind her of something else that could potentially relate to comets. Sydney raised her hand and said, ”Comets and orbit, maybe?”

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...