Thread: Woodcroft Games: Picnic Area
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2024, 04:23 PM   #11 (permalink)
noodles

Hinkypunk

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rowan Fairfax
Slytherin
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ezra Greenwood
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year
x2
Yeahhh, Mr White! Yeah science!

SPOILER!!: Wifey Broadmoor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottiepot View Post
She supposed that was true, adventurous would depend on one’s comfort level originally. Arguably Freddie’s comfort remained firmly within the four walls of their home of which they were hours away from right now. “I suppose that this is a far cry from your usual routine” she smiled at her husband, that warm, motherly smile that told you that everything was going to be okay. The same smile that she had offered him every time they had had to be sociable, or attend a party with her parents or do something that was nothing like the world that he was brought up in. “I would argue that what you did as a teenager was more reckless than adventurous anyway” she teased.

That was often the case, that the thought of attending was worse than the event itself. “I told you it wouldn’t be so bad” she gently squeezed his hand with hers. “And that you’d look more conspicuous if you didn’t wear a costume. Our community loves an excuse to celebrate.” If she could recall correctly, she and her fellow student leaders held an event of their own during seventh year. “Nevertheless, I am and will always be proud and grateful of you for being by my side.” Freddie was her world, her rock, the man that gave her the family that she had always longed for and 38 years later was STILL as devoted as ever.

“It’s not too much is it?” she asked, dusting a speck off of her dress. “I didn’t want to go completely overboard, not at my age anyway.” Had she been younger you would bet that she would be wearing a full dress and cape and matching accessories. She looked around at the surrounding area and picked out a spot closer to the edge of the grassy paddock to set up their picnic rug, letting go of Freddie’s hand briefly to waft her finger, unfurl the blanket and gently settle it down onto the ground. “This’ll do.”
This event was proving to be a far more relaxing affair than some of the parties Fred had to attend with the in-laws. It had been nearly forty since he and Trixie tied the knot, yet he still felt out of place and like an imposter among the rich, pureblood side of the family. “Put it this way.. if I'd never met you, I'd never have come here today.” Rock solid facts there. Had Fred not come to magic in his mid teens, had he rejected it like he really REALLY wanted to, he would never have crossed paths with someone like Trixie. Life would be the polar opposite to how it turned out. Reckless? H'oh yes. “Hm.. There's a fine line, I guess.” You got the same adrenaline rush doing a misdemeanour something reckless as you did going sky diving..

The squeeze of the hand brought about a soft smile. “The thing is, a lot of the magical community dress like this anyway.” He mused, looking around at the costumed people. But he approved of the look on his wife who didn't ordinarily dress that way. Let's face it, Trixie would have looked good in a potato sack. Was that what it was? A community? That was strangely endearing and heart warming. It was nice to be a part of something secret and special. “I'll always be at your side.” He said simply, Even at those awful Malfoy gatherings.

He looked Trixie over as she dusted herself off. “Your age? Angel, you've aged like fine wine. Trust me, you look beautiful.” Letting go of Trixie's hand, he watched her prepare their picnic area. How many years and it still slipped his mind that he could use magic to take shortcuts. It came of living and working in the muggle world, he supposed. It also grated on his sons, the twins, that he didn't use it freely without thinking.

“Perfect.” Setting his tea down, he took a seat on the blanket and reached out for Trixie's hand to help her down, the Hogwarts choir serenading them in the background. “You mustn't let me hold you back from joining in any of the games. We can do whatever you want.” Because how many chances would there be for them to do this ever again? Grumpy, set in his ways he may be, but that didn't mean Trixie shouldn't enjoy herself. And today, Freddie Broadmoor was in a good mood.