Thread: Woodcroft Games: Picnic Area
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2024, 04:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lottiepot

Alley Proprietor
Graphorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Apollonia Fergersnout
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurora Ackerly
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Diagon Alley Proprietor:
Tessa McKinley
Nesting Occamy Rentals

x12 x6
HeadGirlMC | Treddie & Trixiver <3 | Copy Girl | Katie's Ickle Minion | I love YOU more

Text Cut: Hubby
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles View Post
This wasn't Freddie's scene. The once tearaway teen had grown into a homebody. A father, a grandfather, a rewarding career. He loved his home in Cornwall and his favourite place was out on the cliff path with the dogs, no matter the weather. To be out in a light drizzle, the wind on his face and the taste of salt from the ocean on his lips. Freddie had always had an old soul, but circumstance had not allowed him to embrace it until he left London and his parents home.

At one time, he would have protested over attending an event such as this – he felt uncomfortable in his costume, even though he had kept it to just a hint to the event. He didn't particularly like crowds and being around people, but he also didn't want to let Trixie down because she thrived at these sorts of things. Plus, there was that possibility they may see their granddaughter.

He held Trix's hand, nonchalant and relaxed to any onlookers. And, to be fair, it wasn't awful. It was good to see Hogsmeade again; the atmosphere was electric, the decorations jovial. It was difficult not to feel cheered.

It was also nice to escape to the quieter picnic area. He was still a fussy eater and none of the food on offer appealed to him, so, like Trixie, he settled for a cup of tea. A hint of a smile as she spoke. “That all depends on your definition of adventurous.” He replied in his usual quiet, soft manner. “You do remember where I came from, don't you?” But.. those days were a lifetime ago. Things had changed so much since his short time at Hogwarts, meeting Trixie, and during the years that followed. He was a Grandfather now. Of three! How insane was that? “It's actually not as bad as I thought it was going to be.” And that was a compliment coming from Fred. “You look lovely, by the way.” The blonde really suited the whole vibe of this.

“Let's find somewhere to sit?”

She supposed that was true, adventurous would depend on one’s comfort level originally. Arguably Freddie’s comfort remained firmly within the four walls of their home of which they were hours away from right now. “I suppose that this is a far cry from your usual routine” she smiled at her husband, that warm, motherly smile that told you that everything was going to be okay. The same smile that she had offered him every time they had had to be sociable, or attend a party with her parents or do something that was nothing like the world that he was brought up in. “I would argue that what you did as a teenager was more reckless than adventurous anyway” she teased.

That was often the case, that the thought of attending was worse than the event itself. “I told you it wouldn’t be so bad” she gently squeezed his hand with hers. “And that you’d look more conspicuous if you didn’t wear a costume. Our community loves an excuse to celebrate.” If she could recall correctly, she and her fellow student leaders held an event of their own during seventh year. “Nevertheless, I am and will always be proud and grateful of you for being by my side.” Freddie was her world, her rock, the man that gave her the family that she had always longed for and 38 years later was STILL as devoted as ever.

“It’s not too much is it?” she asked, dusting a speck off of her dress. “I didn’t want to go completely overboard, not at my age anyway.” Had she been younger you would bet that she would be wearing a full dress and cape and matching accessories. She looked around at the surrounding area and picked out a spot closer to the edge of the grassy paddock to set up their picnic rug, letting go of Freddie’s hand briefly to waft her finger, unfurl the blanket and gently settle it down onto the ground. “This’ll do.”