Thread: Hogsmeade: Shrieking Shack
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2024, 09:37 PM   #57 (permalink)
Chelliephone

Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

While Allie was not nearly as acquainted with what Madam Puddifoots was as the others, the likelihood of the area being her ~vibe~ was also not very high. She liked romance as much as the next girl, but not usually in the presentation of hearts and pinks and reds. She tolerated it only on Valentine’s day, which despite her dislike of sweets, she happened to have quite the fondness for the holiday.

She laughed at the greeting from her favorite little fluffball, shaking her head in mock disappointment. “You should have! She could have been comfortably cocooned in someone’s sweater or frolicked through the snow.” Y’know, assuming she liked snow which was not often a guaranteed for cats. “Just something for fun. It’s got something to do with muggle crime lords.” From what she could tell, it’d be a fun read. At his words, she glanced over at the actual couple of the now gathered group and smirked slightly. “I’m not sure what Logan’s preferences are, but I think Vera and I might have some common reads.” At least, she had certainly recognized a book that had fallen out of her bag the last time they’d done warm ups together before a run. “I don’t think we could find something though that all four of us would enjoy, which I suppose defeats the purpose of a book club.” So the Gryffindors were safe, she supposed. At Logan’s offer of what he did look bookwise, she did let out a laugh though and gave a nod. “Fair enough.” It was obvious he was kidding, but from things she’d heard from Vera and Logan it was clear they weren’t avid readers. At least, not for fun.

The conversation turned to questions of snowball fights (which she was of course entirely game for) and then the selection of teams was presented to her. An amused expression settled on her face at the back and forth between the other three. She did in fact catch what Vera was going to say, but she saw no reason to comment on it. There were a million things she could think of that would be worse to be thought of as than being a couple with Vasco. She just turned her smile towards him for a moment with a quick wink, before her attention turned to the decision at hand. “You lot have left me with a hard choice. Obviously displaying the fact we are the better gender appeals, and couples An amused glance towards Vera here “would be fun too. But… is there anything more fun than some competitive flirting?” Attention shifted towards Logan as she indicated the twins with a nod of her head, “What do you think? Us against the twins?” She figured this outing was primarily to get to know Vera and Logan and while she did not know much about Ve still, she certainly had more instances with her than the best friend. Plus, if Vasco and his sister argued, they would have a better chance at victory.

Logan’s comment regarding Puddifoot’s received a snort and a smirk from the brunette, as she cut her eyes to look sideways at him. “I prefer the library. It’s bigger so there’s less chance of having to notice other people with the same idea.” Plus the library was also still quiet and nothing else fun to do, so it was the perfect location in her opinion - which she was certain he was already well aware of.

As for Vasco and the terminology for the day? It was only a sore subject because Vera had been told, in no uncertain terms, to butt out. WHICH in her defense, this wasn’t really an attempt to get in the way or try to push things. She’d merely wanted to get to know the person Vasco was spending so much time with! As his twin AND Logan as his best friend, shouldn’t they have an opinion and make sure he wasn’t getting set up for heartache? While maybe she did have some doubts on whether or not he could be smooth enough to start something with someone (there was no way, right?), she understood that wasn’t her business. At least for the time being.

Ugh, except maybe her twin did have some game because was it just her or were the other two being cute??? Such an odd concept, for her. But she was quickly drawn out of even considering it when Alouette mentioned their similar book interests. She merely blinked back at the curly haired blond and fought to not blush. “Shhh. You’ll ruin my reputation if people think I actually read for fun sometimes.” She was a sucker for romance stories though, ew.

She was pleased the snowball fight idea seemed to be widely accepted, though perhaps only the slightest bit displeased at the turn of events with the teams. She’d been thoroughly looking forward to pelting snowballs at her brother, though she supposed it would still be fun to target her boyfriend as well. She would say maybe if she acted cute enough he might take pity on her but… she had known Logan far too long to consider that an actual tactic. Side glancing over at Vasco, she grinned a bit. “Should we kick their bums with twin telepathy then?” It wasn’t a real thing, but she had known her brother since they were in the womb - guessing his actions was not that difficult.

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Chelliephone is offline   Reply With Quote