Thread: Sixth Floor: Battlements
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2023, 09:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

Alley Proprietor
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
Second Year

Diagon Alley Proprietor:
Caledon Roth
The Leaky Cauldron
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
Brandon was here for a mock job interview. It made him anxious, just a little, because he had never done one before. He'd only really been interrogated, not interviewed, and he'd never had a job (he was only twelve). But he brought his notebook, and that made him feel like he was prepared.

When he got to the top of the battlements, his worries all went away. "Wow." It was a stunning view from up here. "I can see so much from here. Thestrals, the lake, the road to the gates..." He stepped a little closer to the wall. "I can see everything. Isn't it beautiful, Professor?" Sighing a little, he turned his attention to the real reason he was here: the mock job interview. He sat cross-legged on a crate, because he felt like he was supposed to do that. "Do you want a granola bar? I have two." He paused, considering that maybe you weren't allowed to have granola bars at job interviews. But he was afraid that if he asked permission to eat, Professor dad Carton would say no. He ate the granola bar very fast, so nobody could tell him it wasn't allowed. Sorry...

"How exactly does this work?" Brandon's worries all came flooding back. They were also written down in his notebook in case he forgot them. One of them was 'interviewer yells at me'. He didn't think that was a very reasonable worry, considering that the interviewer was one of his favorite professors. But he had ten other more reasonable worries. "What exactly do we do?"
Norman hadn’t been waiting long when a familiar voice jerked him from his thoughts. Fox could see the thestrals too? And at such a young age! A sad thought, but now was not the time or place to dwell on it. He blinked, slightly caught off guard, but otherwise showed no sign of emotion. “It is, isn’t it?” he replied, nodding in agreement as he gazed at the scenery.

That was enough waiting and watching for now. There was a job - or job interview - to do! He turned away from the wall, just in time to catch Fox eating a granola bar. He considered the offer. Eating was usually not allowed in a real job interview, but this was not a real job interview. He saw no reason to make it any more formal (and daunting) than it had to be! “Thank you. I’ll save it for later.”

The questions got a slight reassuring smile in response. “We’re going to sit down and chat about your career goals and how to achieve them. I’ll ask you some questions that you might find in a real interview. Answer them the best you can. Make sense so far?”

Norman set up a couple of crates to sit on and placed a barrel between them to serve as a table. Opening his folder, he said, “Your application says you wish to become a healer in some way. What is it about that field that interests you?”

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...