View Single Post
Old 04-17-2023, 01:36 AM   #21 (permalink)
Chelliephone

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Truthfully, if she did proceed with introductions the plan probably would have been to ditch the pair of them into a room together and then run for the hills herself. While she expected they might be able to get along, she also expected (respectfully) extreme boredom for herself. Plus.. what if her extroverted nature made it too much for the introverts? No, an intro and a retreat would by far be the better option. Or maybe even making Logan do the introduction and then all three guys could bond. He was still at least less than Vera was herself.

But that wasn't hard.

Her question had not meant to be a trap and she certainly hope he didn't feel like it was. She was truly curious, and the face she had as she listened was hopefully enough to convey that. Couldn't depend entirely on pets for comfort? Well... why though? "I don't know, I think pets are a good option for comfort though. They don't ask questions, they don't judge you or are surprised if you cry, they just... exist with you. Humans I think get too caught up in wanting to know the 'what' and how to fix things. Pets don't do that." Was she guilty of the wanting to fix things? Absolutely. But truthfully, she didn't know if her friends or siblings would be. She was very careful to keep all of her own emotions other than hyperactivity locked tight. She'd slipped a bit in the last term, but she was trying to rein that back in. "But.. it's not like we could have asked them if they'd want to make that trade though. What if they would have preferred to live alone and separate?" She could see his point and she didn't disagree, but it was hard to know if that's what all the creatures had wanted. Poachers? Her face screwed up in disgust but she gave a nod of her head. "Yeah, they are the worst of the worst. They don't even want creatures for their companionship, but for their resources." It was sad.

"We thought so. When we first got him it was hard to remember the difference between the two birds so... we made him technically both." Probably one of the smartest decisions she'd ever be involved in, if she was honest. "Your dad's name is Mordred? That's a really cool name! You absolutely should have named your owl after him. Sir Mordred especially sounds so distinguished." And he had a bearded dragon!? Her eyes went wide at that and her smile lit up a little more. "That sounds SO cool! I hear they're really good pets too. Loyal. Have you found that to be true?" Crups were adorable but they had to be the least exciting of the bunch for her. "It sounds like your family really likes animals!"

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Chelliephone is offline   Reply With Quote