View Single Post
Old 04-13-2023, 11:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
Chelliephone

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
It was a bit odd that for today's mood, Mackenzie was in fact, in a cheery disposition. Perhaps not as cheery as the usual friendly soul one would come across, but on that rare occasion, he was feeling all sorts of good. So good that the first shop he decided to visit was the Menagerie. Sure enough, it wasn't that much of a far cry from the place he calls home (they actually call their house a zoo), but nevertheless, he always had a penchant for spending a good amount of day at the Menagerie. So much so that this must be his umpteenth time circling the place, never getting tired of what's on display... particularly the area where the reptiles were housed.

Mackenzie had stopped dead in his tracks, quite surprised at what he saw. During his visits, the reptile section of the shop was almost always empty. He had not expected company. But anyway, he wasn't about to flee. Not when she's in his (unofficial) territory. "Quite convenient to carry around, that one," he said quietly as he stood next to the brunette girl. He'd seen her around school but didn't really make an effort to take a moment and chat.
It was hard to not be captivated by the reptile as it stared back at her, and she very much wished in that moment that she was one who could speak parseltongue and communicate with the creature. But that was apparently no where in her bloodline, and certainly not strong enough to have been inherited, so Vera instead would have to be just contented with eye contact and a wild imagination for what could be being communicated. Until she heard a voice anyways, and nearly jumped out of her skin until she realized it was just another patron.

... That jump was embarrassing. Deciding to move past it, she just smiled at the other student - who she was pretty sure was a Slytherin Sable Ileana had pointed out at least once - before brown eyes roamed back to the snake. "He's cute! I love his little tongue." She couldn't resist imitating him as the snake flicked his tongue out again. "I have a rosy boa at home though and something tells me she wouldn't like sharing attention." Or if she did... she'd prefer a mouse. "Are you a reptile fan?" Seemed so, if he also chose to hang out in this area of the store. Though... it also occurred to her perhaps she was just in his way.[/color]

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Chelliephone is offline   Reply With Quote