View Single Post
Old 02-24-2023, 05:26 AM   #10 (permalink)
Chelliephone

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

The former Hufflepuff certainly wouldn't have said the other woman put her foot in her mouth or anything. She just wasn't always the fastest at picking up at jokes or teasing remarks, and being flustered probably didn't help her case. But hearing the reassurance Charlie did not, in fact, think she was out for nefarious purpose, she gave a relieved smile. "That's my bad. I've had people tell me before I'm too dry and slow on jokes." Though that didn't often bother her unless it caused misunderstandings. And she was generally open about the information to try to prevent those.

.... How had she not thought to do that too? When Laila returned, basket safely secured over her arm and saw the now vanished glass her face burned a bit in embarrassment. Of course she'd harmed this woman AND made her clean up after her. This was one she would agonize over many nights when trying to slumber. "Thank you for doing that. I'm sorry, I should have first before stepping away." her cheeks still felt aflame.

She attempted to force herself to calm her nerves - instead focusing on the conversation at hand. Scotland? She'd always heard the area was beautiful! "Congratulations on the job opportunity! What is it you'll be doing?" unless it was not yet an acquired job in which case... She was still curious what it was she would like to be doing. Also, a fellow Hogwarts graduate? "I grew up around here and went to Hogwarts as well. What year did you graduate?" As for her current place of residence and where she laid her head now... "My husband and I have been lucky to do a lot of travel. He's in a wrock band and I'm an artist so I've had the unique opportunity to follow him from place to place and find new inspiration." Which there was not often a lack of. "We recently had a son though so... I think we'll be settling back here for some time."

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Chelliephone is offline   Reply With Quote