View Single Post
Old 02-17-2023, 12:34 AM   #7 (permalink)
renmarie
Members
Dugbog

Charlie was taken aback by the woman's concern for her health, and it made her feel guilty for the way she had been acting. Despite feeling fine, she had been particularly grumpy lately, probably due to the stress of waiting on the results of her interview and battling this stubborn cold. She knew it wasn't fair to take her frustration out on others, especially not someone as sweet as the woman in front of her.

Chuckling at the woman's suggestion, Charlie replied, "Well, I appreciate the concern, but now that I know I'm not in any danger of being a victim of a serial killer. I'm just here to get some Coughing Potion, and don't worry I just wasn't paying enough attention to where I was going."

She hoped her explanation would alleviate the woman's fears and reassure her that there was no need to worry. She was grateful for her kindness really. "By the way, I'm Charlie. Sorry, I didn't introduce myself earlier," she said, extending her hand for the woman to shake.

Charlie flashed a friendly grin as if sharing an inside joke, hoping to put the woman at ease and make a new friend. Despite the stress and anxiety she was feeling, it felt good to connect with someone who actually cared.