Thread: Hogsmeade: Shrieking Shack
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2023, 12:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
Holmesian Feline

Chimaera

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Marcus Briody Cole
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nadia Atreyu-Rehman
Gryffindor
Sixth Year
x8 x8
Toothless - Napoleon of Crime - Gryffinclaw - Owl Emissary - Pirate Auror - DoctorDonna

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

Anna looooooooooved Hogsmeade weekends and they put even more bounce into her already spirited steps that were less steps and much more buoyant skips. After spending a good portion of the morning grabbing some licorice wands and Fizzing Whizzbees to help fuel her enthusiasm during her explorations on the day, she had spent a bit of time exploring the back alley and looking for hidden treasure in the dumpster bins and shadowed corners. She hadn't found any cursed pirate gold or magical orbs, but she HAD found a couple of really pretty pebbles that were now tucked away in her pockets along with her Honeydukes sweets. She would them, the stones, to her little stone box under her bed once she got back to the dorms.

Skipping was pretty hard to do in the snow, but the second year was ALWAYS up for a challenge and the crunch of snow beneath her brown not quite knee-high boots was really nice on the ears. Her forest green knitted cap sort of muffled the crunching sound, especially since it pressed her vivacious curls down over her ears, but it was pretty necessary since it was rather chilly outside. Chilly...snow...Anna's thoughts quickly drifted to her collection of Hans Christian Andersen stories...which meant her imagination was tickled and running rampant as she happened upon another girl who she was preeeeeeeeeeeeeetty sure she had seen before but she was struggling to place a name to at the moment. Hopefully she wasn't a Hufflepuff because she would feel DOUBLY guilty about not remembering her name!

"Only weird thing about it is how they have it all boarded up!" she chirped thoughtfully as she skipped to a stop beside the girl. "Must be something pretty fantastical hidden inside...like a magic mirror...or a hive of snow bees...or maybe werewolves have turned it into their club house!" So many possibilities and the only way to know for certain would be to investigate and discover the truth...but that also meant the end of dream anf fantasizing about possibilities. "I'm Anna," she continued, turning to look at the girl. "I KNOW I have seen you around the castle before but I think a nargle or something stole your name from my memory. I'm sorry about that."
It was a good thing that she wasn’t lost in her thoughts enough to not notice the crunch of footsteps on the snow, else Nadia might have started at the presence of the other girl. “Maybe….” Snow bees at least might be interesting. She wasn’t actually sure she ever wanted to be too close to a werewolf…when they were in wolf form anyway. Her courage and charging into dangerous adventures only lasted soo far. “But wouldn’t they have better enchantments on it that making it just look abandoned?” Like the spell that made muggles think the school was a pile of ruins. This way the place still made people curious about it.

At least the witches and wizards you would find around Hogsmeade.

“It’s alright…” she assured her companion, turning away from the Shrieking Shack. If she herself had to remember EVERYONE’s name in all of Hogwarts, she would say it would be impossible. Even her own house. So, she wouldn’t expect someone that hadn’t been properly introduced to her to know her name right of the bat on seeing her again. The Gryffindor wasn’t even sure how the professors managed to keep them all straight over time. “I’m Nadia…nice to meet you,” she greeted before adding as an afterthought. "Gryffindor by the way." Seeing as people sometimes liked to know your house right of the bat.