Thread: Accidents & Catastrophes: Training and Trial Room
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2023, 04:48 AM   #19 (permalink)
Holmesian Feline

Chimaera

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Marcus Briody Cole
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nadia Atreyu-Rehman
Gryffindor
Sixth Year
x8 x8
Toothless - Napoleon of Crime - Gryffinclaw - Owl Emissary - Pirate Auror - DoctorDonna

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
Weird reactions? Kendra quirked an eyebrow in response as she listened to Simon's spoken thoughts. Certainly he'd know that she was a professional and skilled enough to make sure her spells weren't affecting the general security of the ministry. "Well, yes of course," she said with an air of nonchalance. "That is the first rule of experimental charms," she added with a knowing smile. Maybe not the first rule, and safety was up there too, but in a manner of speaking, all of her employees were trained in strict observation with new spells.

"We have our own spells cast around the room to prevent interference with the wards due to any activity in here, so it's unlikely my spells caused it." That had been long ago necessary due to the experimental nature they worked with in here. "But if that was the cause, then I do need to know about it to make sure it gets resolved." It sounded like they needed to get to the bottom of it either way. Or at least one of them did.
Simon simply answered with a nod at first, realizing how he might have sounded with his previous words. “I apologize if I sounded like I doubted you and your people wouldn’t because I don’t.” Because he trusted the woman and her department. As he had done with various predecessors. But then he had begun doubting his trust of things during his previous absence from the Ministry in response to happenings during the war. It hadn’t helped he had returned to find workers kidnapped from under the nose he had left behind and feeling responsible.

“Right, of course…” The security man remarked, looking a touch sheepish. He should have remembered about said precautions right off the bat. “Then perhaps I shall just make a note of it and have my team keep an eye out for a repeat issue. Perhaps it was a fluke and nothing to worry about.” It was after all, one of the responsibilities of the security division, keeping the wards all spic and span and not having the other areas have to worry in amongst their own responsibilities.