Thread: Fountain
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2022, 12:28 AM   #12 (permalink)
BanaBatGirl
Dark Force Defense League

Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fifth Year
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
Yes. Please spare all from observing you romping and splashing around in the fountain, David Truebridge. There was a certain guarantee that one Valerie Gray was very much likely to have turned heel and left with such a spectacle. She only had so much tolerance for shenanigans and dealing with customers had her teetering dangerously towards her limit.

There was a inexplicable hesitation as the white rose came officially into the frame of her gaze but she did ultimately reach for it and gingerly plucked it from his fingers. "Thank you." She was rarely ever gifted flowers, or gifts in general, so the gesture alone was perplexing though no less appreciated. Even if it felt unnecessary. "Of course." It was not the plants' fault that David had just-so-happened to be snatched up by merpeople. The wrong place at the wrong time, truly unlucky. "Your name appearing in the Daily Prophet was a firm confirmation," Valerie explained casually, though also with a hint of cheekiness. She could have offered more intimate explanations, such as him not stopping by the shop to restock on certain supplies (such as the fertilizer tucked against her chest), and it would have likely appeased that earnest twinkle to his eyes. The usual cut and dry Valerie Gray was what he received, however.

"This is for you." The fertilizer with a bow, which she now offered to him. Perhaps the allusion to his absence in shop would satisfy his curious twinkle further.
As though David would risk getting this suit wet. As if! He was raised better than that (RIP, Mummy Dearest).

David pretended not to notice the hesitation and surprise from Valerie. All was well, thanks to her. "It's only the tip of the iceberg, so to speak. I owe you a great many more for ensuring my greenhouse's survival." If either of them were the hugging sort, now would be the time for a great long embrace. But as they weren't... a somber, stiff nod from David would have to do. And of course. She was a reader. How grateful he now was for that rubbish periodical known as The Daily Prophet.

And for the... fertilizer? "Merlin," David accepted the sack, carelessly wrapping his arms around it. There, there was the hug. A hug for the... manure. And there went the nice suit he wasn't keen to ruin. Oh well. "Really. You shouldn't have." He was practically beaming, radiating with joy at this gift now. Wow. Much emotion.

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind
BanaBatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote