Thread: The Lake
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2022, 08:49 PM   #15 (permalink)
Bumblebee

DMLE
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Henrietta J. Han
Slytherin
Fourth Year
Gryffindor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezerz View Post
Serena was deep in thought, her mind going over a dueling strategy she wanted to try out on dummies later. She couldn't master a certain move the way her dad showed her. He always did have intricate dueling styles to "keep your opponent from guessing your next move." Serena wanted her own signature move, but how could she make it so her opponent wouldn't see it coming?

Johnny's voice, and the nickname he gave her when they were toddlers, brought Serena back to the present. "Johnny-boy," she smiled. That name had been given to him by her grandfather. Glancing at her arm, the redhead gave it a shake then a flex. "It's one-hundred percent back," she said. "My healer sent me some recovering exercises and I've just finished them a few days ago. I'm ready for quidditch practice."

That meant they could train together now that he was here at Hogwarts. Usually she trained mostly with Jasper because he keeps up with her intensity and never complains about extra time. Practicing with Johnny was going to be fun, too. He was a chaser and she was a beater, that meant another dynamic.

"How's Hogwarts for you?" she asked. "Haven't tried walking your way back home yet?" Oh, yes. Serena remembers the time Johnny grew bored at quidditch camp and decided to walk himself all the way home. Of course, Serena hadn't told the camp leaders about it. She wasn't going to snitch on her favorite cousin.
Hearing Johnny-boy made the Gryffindor smile, seeing Serena flex her arm made his smile grow wider! ”That’s brilliant!” Johnathan was elated to see his cousin’s arm healed marvelously! ”I’ll join in the practice!” He grinned. Perhaps that will cure his boredom too and to sharpen his skills! He didn’t want to lose his momentum, though it was all muscle memory of the techniques his grandfather taught him. But falling behind in his training made him anxious, nobody pushed him harder than himself to be honest. He was his own critic.

John let out a deep sigh and his shoulders slump, ”I’m so bored!” He whined. ”I have not ruled that out.” Johnny smirked as if it were possible to do so. Not that he wouldn’t try if it were a possibility. Maybe his vampire brother would bail him out? Either way he was confident Serena would cover for him again since she did just that during Quidditch Camp. ”How’s school for you so far?” He smiled. So much had happened in this short period that he hadn’t been caught up to speed with his cousin’s ventures.