Thread: Ecological: Pets 'n' Plants Café
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2021, 04:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
aRogueOne

MLE & DERP
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sloane Aubrey Knott
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
Looking out the window? ”I’ve had plenty of those days.” Too many, if he were honest. So Conley ust gave him a warm understanding smile. Forrest would find no judgement here. Somedays it was hard to focus on work when there was so much more in his life that was important. He’d spent so many years focused on work, back when he didn’t have a family that now, all he wanted to do some days was be home with Sachin and Radhika and Duke.

He laughed lightly as he started scratching the cat’s head in order to get it to stop head butting him. It did seem rather fond of him. Was that a selling point? ”Perhaps. But I’m not sure Sachin would see it that way though. Well, maybe eventually…” Adoption was still probably the best angle to play if he knew his husband. And he did know his husband pretty well which is why he hadn’t brought the cat home yet. ”I will say I’ve been tempted to take him up to my office.” He confessed. He wasn’t even sure if he could do that or if the cat would be happy there but thinking about it certainly wasn’t a crime. ”Oh I’d have company. We have a chocolate lab…he’s very cuddly.” Although Duke’s affections had seemed to transfer just a little more to Radhika in the past two years.

The cat started purring loudly as it finally settled down, which in turn seemed to send a soft contentment through Conley. ”Radhika is two.” Was he beaming? Probably. He was very proud to be a father and most people didn’t like to hear about other people’s kids so he usually tried not to bore people. ”She recently started talking and found her sea legs. Chases the dog all over the house. The dog pretends not to like it, but I can tell he enjoys the attention.” He took a sip of his tea. ”How many grandchildren do you have?” he asked returning the opportunity for Forrest to babble on about his family. Unlike most people, Conley enjoyed learning about other’s personal lives.
“I know. When I came back, I asked for the view to be enchanted so that I could see my garden from back home you see. Just so I could keep an eye on it,” a wistful smile on his face for a moment before he paused and processed what he’d said. “Not that I don’t trust my wife of course. She truly is an excellent witch and gardener.” Why he was acting like she could hear him he did not know. The idea of speaking ill of her though just didn’t sit right however. Not at all. To speak ill of people who could not defend themselves is something that he simply did not do. “It does however make it hard to focus on my work at times.”

Laughing now, he nodded because he knew full well how that argument would go, or at least, if it was between him and Jules.
SPOILER!!: Forrest and Jules argument about the cruppy coming home
Jules: ‘Forrest, why did you bring that cruppy home?’
Forrest: ‘It needed a home dear. Don’t worry, I’ll take care of it. You won’t have to do a thing.’
Jules: *Scoffs at him incredulously*
Forrest: *Hugs his wife*
Jules: *Gives in*

“I know what you mean but I guess, if it’s something that you want then why not? Animals truly do make the best of friends.” He’d only been on level four for a few days and here he was biggin’ up the magical creatures side. If he was being honest though, the two dogs that they had at home along with the grandchildren and the garden and now his work kept him more than busy. Taking the cruppy up to his office though…now that sounded like a splendid idea. But were they allowed? “Are we allowed? You know…would we have to smuggle them back or something?” because it seemed a little bit absurd that ministry employees would be allowed pets in their offices. The again, maybe it was a new rule for the heads of department. “We have two springer spanials. Full of energy and always excitable,” he added in response to the mans description of his chocolate lab. “Chocolate labs truly are so beautiful though.”

With the cruppy dolefully snoring on his lap without a care in the world, Forrest continued to stroke it slowly, only stopping to play with its cute, soft, little ears. “Beautiful name. Two really is when they start to get into everything. Crawling everywhere and trying to put everything into their mouth.” It was hard not to think back to when his own children were that age all those years ago. Now they had long flown the coup and had come back with their own children. Time was such a strange thing. “I know what you mean. My two absolutely adore the grandchildren when they stay over although it’s the dogs that do the chasing in our house,” but that was mainly due to the grandchildren stealing their toys and running away with them. “I have seven amazing grandchildren and three children,” sighing a little now as he melted a little more inside. Could it have been to do with the little stretch the cruppy just have or was it at the thought of his family? Who could say?
aRogueOne is offline   Reply With Quote