View Single Post
Old 06-13-2020, 03:12 PM   #27 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

Alley Proprietor
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
Second Year

Diagon Alley Proprietor:
Caledon Roth
The Leaky Cauldron
Default Been here all along! ;)
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Heath could’ve sworn the DADA lesson was supposed to be tomorrow! Fortunately for him, he just happened to be on the first floor in time to join the people he saw filing into the dueling arena before class began. He just sort of hung back, standing beside one of the taller students in case he should need to hide from a scary monster or (more likely) the headmaster later on. For some reason, he had a feeling that Trent disliked him, though he couldn’t for the life of him recall why! Then he suddenly remembered the sign he’d seen on the door upon arriving, the kelpie lesson at the start of the term, the way his own strategy failed miserably… Ugh, he never wanted to go through anything like that again!

Determined not to give the headmaster another reason to dislike him, Heath listened carefully to the directions given. He intended to close the door, hoping doing so would help him stay off the headmaster’s bad side, but some older girl beat him to it. Then somebody else slammed the door again. Okay, so much for that idea. No point in closing the door a third time!

Wait, what were they talking about again? Heath completely forgot everything the headmaster just said! Oh, right, it was something about painting and… He watched with interest as Trent pulled black cloth out of one of the boxes, and something clicked in his mind. Hold on, magic not working, stage, set design… were they doing a performance? If so, this just became the best DADA class ever! He may be useless at strategy and wandwork (even when magic was working), but set design and acting were right up his alley!

Heath picked up a paintbrush and beelined for the dummies. How was he supposed to paint them again? Right… red like blood. He painted three diagonal gashes across the dummy’s face, making the middle one longer and more pronounced than the others; its path went off the dummy’s face and all the way down its neck, ending at its shoulder. When he was finished with that, he continued painting more gashes over the dummy’s body. He was so absorbed in his work that it was only when he heard his classmates speak up that he remembered that Trent asked a question. What was it? Something about things associated with the full moon…

Heath’s mind immediately went to werewolf transformations, but that was already said. He thought for a minute. There was something else he knew about werewolves and full moons, something about mating, but what was it? Ooh, now he remembered! HIs hand shot up. “Adding on to that,” he said, nodding in acknowledgement of the other kid’s (Noah) answer about werewolves, “If two werewolves mate at the full moon while transformed, they produce a litter of wolf cubs, real wolves with almost human intelligence. That’s really rare, though. I think it’s only happened a couple of times…” Was he talking too much? Okay, he was just going to… go back to painting now.

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...