Thread: Battlements
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2017, 02:15 AM   #12 (permalink)
Anna Banana

DMC & DMGS
Selkie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eliza Bellerose
Slytherin
Second Year

x1
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw! | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate

Text Cut: WhittyBitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhittyBitty View Post
Happily Rosalyn took the candy and chewed as the girl continued to talk excitedly about the Giant Squid. Her name was something like Maddie, but it could be a little hard to remember when it came to new students. Within time she would know this for sure. "It IS a big name, but I am not sure if anyone calls him Henry. You can definitely ask him if he's okay with that if you talk to him." Which would hopefully be the case, but it was sometimes hard to tell; a lot of the times that he was sighted it was while coming to the shore to bask in the sun. "He knows his own name and many other words. He likes having conversations with people." Usually was in a good mood too.

The conversation suddenly turned to pets, and Rosalyn supposed that it had to do with the fact that they were just talking about the squid. While giant squids were obviously not pets, they WERE creatures. "I have a cat named Coco. She's a calico." Right now she was probably asleep in her office. Or at least that was what she had been doing the last time Rosalyn had checked on her... "Well, that's wonderful. I hope you can get your baby monkey. So you like Care of Magical Creatures then?" Even though it was early in the term, it was clear that the girl was fond of animals. It reminded her of Derfael.

Maddie's jaw dropped. "That's some squid! Do all squids talk that much?" she asked. She'd never in all her eleven years learned about squids talking, even magical ones. "If he's the only one, how'd he learn how to talk? How does he even understand what we're saying?" OHHHH, she bet she knew what happened! "Did he used to be a human or something?" She was definitely going to visit that squid first chance she got! It wouldn't be today, because she had a whole lot to do once she got back to the common room. It'd be soon, though!

Joy hadn't said anything in a while, so Maddie didn't feel so bad about talking non-stop. "Thanks! I hope I can get a monkey, too, but my mom and dad don't want anymore pets. They said I have enough." They were probably right, too. She nodded. "I love creatures! It's one of my favorite subjects! Is your favorite subject History of Magic, or is that just what you happened to start teaching?" It was weird talking to a professor like this. Maddie liked it, but she'd never been able to just stand around and hand out with the teachers at her old school. It was FUN!