View Single Post
Old 09-19-2017, 05:33 AM   #22 (permalink)
WhittyBitty
Dark Force Defense League

DMT & DMAC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Madison Valentine
Fifth Year
x12 x9
♥s her SS family l Wifey is MINE | Naughty Niffler l Whittysaur l #awkwardturtle<#

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson View Post
"Latin! I'd like to take that... There are too many extracurriculars that I'd like to take but unfortunately not enough time... A time turner would come in handy. Do you have one of those that I could borrow?" she half-joked, wondering if Professor Marchand had one. Who knew? Perhaps she did! Latin would be good to learn. It would have helped her out with Potions. Maybe she should sign up for that class or go talk to the Professor that was teaching the extracurricular. "How long have you been taking French?" she asked with a curious smile. Vi was certain that Professor Marchand had had helped from her husband on this matter.

Vi couldn't imagine what it must have like to be muggleborn during Harry Potter's days at Hogwarts. At least you'd have the awesome Hermione Granger there but then again maybe she wouldn't have warmed to the brilliant witch. She didn't know.... Sometimes famous witches and wizards weren't all that they seemed... Hmm.. But her attention was soon distracted by Professor Marchand asking about her mother. She shook her head with very little emotion. She and her mother... had never been close. Besides, she used to blame her mother for not caring for her because her mother didn't even remember that she had a daughter as her mother's memory had regressed so far back to before Olivia was born. Though as she grew older, she couldn't help but feel a little guilty that she had blamed her mother when it had been a car accident that had altered her mind. "No, it didn't... Magic wasn't able to fix it but my father and brother were with her when she passed." She had passed away a while ago while she had been at school. The memory of that time brought up conflicting emotions within her: sadness and frustration intertwined in a dance.

"That's true. I wonder if people will ever combine magic with muggle technology... Do you think people will do that?" she asked.
Olivia had Rosalyn laughing with her time-turner comment. "Sadly I don't. If I did, I'd certainly use it a lot." There never seemed to be enough time in the day and it could REALLY stress her out at times. Of course she always managed to pull herself together, even if anxiety attacks happened from time to time. Fortunately she wasn't as prone to anxiety as much as other people were. "Hopefully you manage to study Latin at some point. I think it's a nice language to learn even if it's just for the more historical aspect." Of course she would offer to help with it, but her skills were far from expert when it came to that kind of thing. "I started taking French during my second year of teaching here." So not very long at all seeing as this was her fourth term as a professor. With Gaston's help, she had managed to become quite good at the language though she still struggled at times and her accent wasn't the greatest.

Hearing about the death of a parent was something that always had Rosalyn feeling sad; it was something that she could never imagine going through, though she knew that it had to be VERY hard to deal with. "I'm really sorry to hear about that, Olivia. I really hope that one day things will get better for people who go through that kind of thing." Now she was feeling bad for bringing that topic up in the first place despite the fact that she had no idea that anything had happened to the girl's mother.

At least they had something else to talk about! "Well, in a way that already happens through us using magic to make muggle things work in places like Hogwarts." Of course she was referring to electronics like computers and iPods to name a few. "That said, I really hope that it becomes a more common thing and on a larger scale. I think it would be more than possible given all the steps we have made. And of course humans are always moving ahead and developing things. That, and improving them." Nod.