View Single Post
Old 10-24-2016, 04:11 PM

Post Eddie Redmayne reveals failed 'Harry Potter' film audition, 'Fantastic Beasts' promos

A couple of tidbits, and several new photos from the set of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, was released by Empire magazine. The images reveal the first look at the entire Barebone family, and a clear shot of the youngest child, Modesty (Faith Wood-Blagrove), as well as President Picquery in at MACUSA, and Newt Samander and Jacob Kowalski presumably getting arrested.

That, as well as a surprising reveal from Eddie Redmayne about his connection to the Harry Potter film series, can be seen below.

Quote:
Eddie Redmayne: “I actually auditioned to play [Chamber Of Secrets villain] Tom Riddle when I was back at university. I properly failed and didn’t get a call back. Over the years I always hoped I might be cast as a member of the Weasley family, but unfortunately not.”
Director David Yates also teased that a character introduced in the first movie - outside of the main four - will return for the sequel. From the description, it does sound like Percival Graves (Colin Farrell), as he openly manipulates Credence in the first movie.

Quote:
David Yates: “There is a character who we meet in this movie, but who will come to the fore much more in the second [film]. One of the scariest aspects he has is this amazing ability to seduce with his ideas.”
Read SnitchSeeker's Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them set visit reports right here, including about the great things the cast said about Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling, and how 1926-era New York City came to life.

Fandango - Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Tickets