View Single Post
Old 07-29-2016, 11:50 PM

Post 'Fantastic Beasts' actor Colin Farrell reveals No-Maj group out to kill U.S. wizards

While the lead cast of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them chatted about some of their favourite creatures, and the differences between American and British wizards within J.K. Rowling during Comic-Con, it was costar Colin Farrell that dropped a bit of interesting - and rather unnerving information - about what's the come in the first installment of the series.

Farrell, who plays American Auror Percival Graves, admitted that a group of No-Maj "religious zealots" named 'The Second Salemers' (led by Samantha Morton's character Mary Lou) are not only out to persecute wizards in America, but want them "lined up and destroyed," and that this will play heavily into the first movie.

Quote:
Unlike in the later, modern Potter stories, the divisions between wizards and “No-Majs” (i.e. ordinary humans or Muggles) are exceedingly stark and complicated by the efforts of a group called the New Salem Philanthropic Society to persecute the country’s magical population. “It’s much more evolved in Britain — they’re much more integrated,” says Sudol, who plays witch Queenie Goldstein. “We’re persecuted for our magic in America,” adds Waterson, who plays her sister Porpentina. “So we’re in hiding.”

Quote:
“My favorite is the Bowtruckle, and you’d find it in Newt’s pocket,” Waterston said adoringly, to which Redmayne added: “There’s one particular Bowtruckle called Picket who — Newt shouldn’t really have favorites – but he kind of does. And so Picket hangs out in his pocket because he has attachment issues. And I love him.”
Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling's Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them screenplay book can be pre-ordered now via the following links: Amazon.com (hardcover) | Amazon.com (Kindle) | Amazon.co.uk (UK hardcover) | Warner Bros. Shop (hardcover)