View Single Post
Old 06-09-2015, 03:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
MuggleDinosaur
Dark Force Defense League

Erkling

Slytherin
Bre Bear | Asherine | Whisper | Kemmy | Raeney | Madyra | Bumble Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpluvr037 View Post
After preparing her own cup, Tiara set to work on her visitor's. "Really, never? Well, there is a first time for everything, I suppose." Leaf tea was not all that practical in an office setting, in Tiara's opinion; she pulled a single-serve bag out of the packet. "Here you are, dear," she said as she pushed the saucer and cup across the desk.

Tiara could tell that Emmylou had not known much of her professor's history until now. She supposed that if she stayed here long enough, there would be no students left who remembered her a the Quidditch official if the flying ban remained in place. An odd thought, that one. "Officiating was.. challenging," she mused. "They weren't joking when they said the biggest danger was neck strain," she chuckled. Just to prove it, she turned her neck to the side and several loud cracks could be heard.

Tanner took several sips of tea as Emmylou continued. "They're correct; you do not need to know yet." Once more she took a sip. "And I do admire your independence, not needing others' approval." The girl would likely be shocked to hear her say that. "However, those who spend the most time with you often know what would suit you, so I would not recommend wholly discounting your mother's thoughts. That being said, perhaps there is a way to test the waters before committing yourself? Maybe some tutoring, or ask a professor if you can teach part of one of their classes." That could accomplish two things: proving the idea to her mother and proving the idea to herself.
"I love tea but I'm not a tea person. I normally just try what is around that's normally English Breakfast Tea." Emmylou preferred hot chocolate but she was still trying to be a little kid but she was a little kid at heart. She was right about trying new things and there was nothing wrong with trying new things at all. Emmylou was open to it but depends on what the new things were. That sounded like it would hurt pretty bad. Emmy heard the cracks in her neck when she turned her head. "Have any healers told you what you could do about that?" The blonde asked. "My uncle Axel is a healer so maybe he could help?"

The sixth year blinked before smiling. "Really? You think so?" She had never heard anyone saying that to her before. "I haven't really asked anyone what I wanted to do or even asked some of my friends what they could see me doing." She thinks that her friends might agree with her though. Cinna had told her once that she could see her teaching little kids. Emmylou let what she said sink in for a few seconds. "Do you think that any of the professors would let me do that?" It was alright if they didn't.

i got a heart like a truck, it's been drug through the mud, runs on dreams
& gasoline & that ole highway holds the key, it's got a lead foot down when it's leaving

lord knows it's taken a hell of a beating, a little bit of love is all that it's needing